Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: User-Friendly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This forum needs to be more user-friendly. We need to merge some forum display because it is really too dense for an average newbie to suddenly handle. I had began to discover this issue because few newbies in Pennsylvania had asked me on directions on where "this thread was and such and such.

So, I begin to think of a more user-friendly forum that newbies would begin to understand much better and delve into our lore without getting too deep in the story.

[Image: M1hwd64.png]

You may click on it for full-size.

You may not like it, but there is one thing for sure. We need the Help sub-section bumped up way higher than everything else.
I think it's good as it is now. Well, moving Help & Support YES.

But on your pic is Violation Reports in RP section? Uh no. Everything is well described, so sometimes people should be patient and search a bit further.
Err that was a mistake bad HTML coding heh.
On a side note I'd suggest to have a quick-acessable lore page on every region/house/faction, etc.
Recently I struggled to find it (I wanted to check a year), and eventually all I managed to do is to find a readme notice in the game folder.

Might be me dumb, but...Well, it is a RP server, like we have rules easily accessible, why not to have lore as well?
Because in order to classify lore. One would actually have to look at the communication channels of said previous factions that may have influenced lore and also taking upon details whether or it would be considered canon by the developers. At best, lore can be found in the wiki and your disco infocards.
From Readme.txt. It is very general, giving the overall idea. I think it would be useful for newbies or those who was absent for years example. Could be more extended though.

And this must be pinned somewhere at the beginning.
Edit: Isn't wiki randomly outdated?
(07-13-2015, 09:22 AM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]
From Readme.txt. It is very general, giving the overall idea. I think it would be useful for newbies or those who was absent for years example. Could be more extended though.

And this must be pinned somewhere at the beginning.
Edit: Isn't wiki randomly outdated?

Yes, but most of the wiki's sources come from the infocards and we're trying our best to keep it updated.
I am not speaking of infocards but about the lore which describes "present year".