Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: LPI Officials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: p4JjBLJ.png]
Go...good Day Sir or Ma'am.

I'm Dr. Thorn, a com... common traveller through your systems and I'm, ur, contacting you as there recently has been a bit of an issue. One to, make Liberty an uncomfortable place to be when concerning Nuclear devices.

Earlier today, an LSF agent by the name of Po...Pothead and a Navy Captial vessel designated Magellan. After detecting the very small number of nuclear devices on board my, ur, vessel, they pro...proceeded to demand them; ignoring the consequence of leaving myself and my cr...crew stranded without power. A very uncomfortable prospect... The conflict is 'under the bridge' as far as I'm concerned, they were doing their duty. However, I'm deeply concerned.

These nu...nuclear devices, of which we only ever keep a small number on board inside a gadolinium plated casing, are used as fuel to power the core of the 'Aceso'. This is a, urm... necessity as the vessel requires a large amount of power at irregular intervals: only achievable thus far on the 'Aceso' through this hybrid set up. I'm left with a dilmena; I wish to travel through Li...Libertonian space yet cannot afford to not have devices on-board to power my ship.

Is there some kind of exception or... urm... license that may be issued so that my life and that of my crew are not, ur, put in danger? I, ur, look forward to hearing from you.

May the Stars keep you.

[Image: oMIVZWQ.png]
[Image: 2cscv1e.jpg]

Good Evening miss thorn. Unfortunately there is no registry, nor any provision made for licensing of restricted goods to individuals. We at times grant to organizations such as Ageria and other large corporations... But in order to make an exception for an individual would require us to make an entirely new registry, which would also need to be updated and maintained... So because of this we must deny your request at this time.

Furthermore the power system you suggest is likely unstable and could pose a threat to civilian ships and stations nearby... which is precicely why such devices are outlawed in the first place. We hope that you will be able to find another solution to your problem.

[Image: 2zyik20.jpg]
[Image: p4JjBLJ.png]

Go...good day Mr...hmm, Good Day.

It is a, ur, shame you would jump str...straight to the conclusion my craft is unsafe. It is very common for planetary stations and capital ships to be run off a nuclear core; would you claim the vast number of capital vessels in Liberty space unstable and unsafe also? I have also made sure the core is mai... maintained and kept as safe as possible. Gadolinium plates to, ur, absorb neutrons if levels get too high, on-board cooling systems to keep the core's temperature to a min...minimum and even an iridium lined outer hull - all of which have been made detectable upon scan.

Apo...apologies for the rant but, ur, it's grating that i'd be denied from Liberty space on the grounds of there being 'one more piece of paperwork'. I cannot change the nature of our powercore, not without giving up the lives of several patients and a resident on-board. I will not do that. I wish to im... implore you to reconsider.

May the Stars keep you.

[Image: oMIVZWQ.png]