Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Being antagonistic inRP has nothing to do with how you behave out of RP, or at least how you deal with other players on a person to person level.

Spazzy, I like the Rogues, I like the Rogues being Rogue-y, I don't want them to be a group I feel like I have to gank and I don't want to dislike you guys OORP. A little bit of balance related decision making goes a long way in making both sides of a fight fun, that's all I'm saying.

As for the people saying "It's Liberty, don't expect a fair fight" NO -- that attitude there, that's exactly what creates situations where people are mongs to each other in the first place!

"It's this group, it's that group, it's this system -- those guys are crap/don't expect a fair fight"

This attitude is rampant all throughout Disco these days and everyone uses it as an excuse to justify absolute garbage behavior and it needs to stop.

Actively encouraging OORP animosity is not how good things happen, and it's definitely not good for this community. There's already enough drama BS from a handful of other factions.
In case there are two factions with playerbases of approximately similar sizes, they could throw everything they have at each other and avoid keeping some players by side, a thing that is on the border of inRP. Sometimes one side would gank the other, sometimes the latter would gank the prior, most times it would be fair. As long as it is not only one side that ganks, it is alright.

I'm for a hybrid solution. Evaluate your "enemies" and find a way to fight them that would be fun for both sides.
Hm. This is a very delicate matter. On the positive side you will give people extraordinary and awesome fights, you will give them a challenge, you will make them think out of the box and do something different for a change. Plus everything against you will be fair game, like jumping ten carriers...why not .

The main problem as i see it will be the participants on both sides. Do they live only to get blues ? Will they get depressed if they get blown up ? Could an awesome two hour fight and chase across Sirius be interesting and worthy for them no matter the outcome ?

And there is another possible issue. Lets take the ten carries that gank you as i gave an example above. Lets say those people get used to ...such kind of tactics and start using it against HF, Xenos, Rh, Galia vessels and everything that moves. They will make those people very very miserable.

At the end everything depends entirely on you. What fights and opponents are you going to pick ? How well do you control you own people ? Will you allow them to go on a killing spree ? Perhaps a strategy to avoid ooRP hate ?

Its up to you. Could be an awesome AWESOME thing , making damn good battles and stories . Or it could be a ooRP hate generator.

You can make it work. You have the people and capacity, but you need to be extremely careful not to upset people cuz it will backfire tenfold.

PS: I hope that sharing my thoughts helped Smile
Voted yes. Now go and record the ganking videos "without any moral reprecussions".
(07-14-2015, 02:36 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you force jumptraders into interaction by waiting them at their crappy POB and then shoot it so they do not dock.
That is how it works.

And then when they do not want to talk to you, you shoot them in the face.

Getting a bit venomous, are we?

Ah, well, as I said in my original post, no one expects quality from the Rogues, so, carry on with meeting the previously set expectations.
(07-14-2015, 04:30 PM)Chance Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2015, 02:36 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you force jumptraders into interaction by waiting them at their crappy POB and then shoot it so they do not dock.
That is how it works.

Ah, well, as I said in my original post, no one expects quality from the Rogues, so, carry on with meeting the previously set expectations.

Not really.
You were the sad little saltpile who had to jab at the group the moment you decided to start typing up a reply.
I simply returned the favor.

Thanks for the remark though, we will indeed carry on then.
(07-14-2015, 04:36 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Not really.
You were the sad little saltpile who had to jab at the group the moment you decided to start typing up a reply.

Thank you for making me smile...
I hate the Rogues and nothing can change that.
I see one, I run like hell, because nothing good will come out of meeting a Rogue. Ever.
I Just avoid the New York system as much as I can really and I avoid the Rogues in general.
this being said, it would be boring without the rogues. The adrenaline of entering a system with rogues present in it. The watchful eye on the scanner and then the subsequent cat and mouse game bring a certain level of amusement and energy to the game.
You are antagonizing enough, don't worry about it and keep on smelling my cargo hold from NY the moment I jump into liberty space.
I actually thought the Coalition would fit into this more than Rogues but *sighs*
(07-14-2015, 04:36 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2015, 04:30 PM)Chance Wrote: [ -> ]
That is how it works.

Not really.

+1 to spazzy
Pages: 1 2 3 4