Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: LR- An antagonist faction now? Community feedback needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Alright, a few things have happened in the last week or so. Encounters on three separate occasions have revealed a few things I did not know were easy to do with a faction under your command and, as far as I can see, when a choice is given...the answer is not as obvious as it seems.

Alright, so, I am talking about the [HF] incident in Colorado, the GRN incident in Magellan and the recent encounter with the [LN] that ended up with many interesting skypechats and ingame logs being posted as well as our feedback being on fire. And yet while the overuse of force was not something done on purpose, it seems that many people find it as a good thing- just as many as those who find it bad.

Alright, so...LR as an antagonist faction. It is an idea that I am currently rolling around in my mind. You know what I mean. The sort of faction that you enjoy to hate. I am almost hesitating to use the term, but perhaps something along the line of Phantoms.

Okay, let me explain what I mean. We currently have enough antagonist factions IRP. We have the nomads, we have the Gallics, but they have their limitations. I do not see them being able to acheive the effect they are, in theory, meant to give. Nomads especially.

The nomad-relate factions are bound by very high standards of roleplay, which is something people take for granted. Even though they are terrorist IDs, they are not used to their full potential and constrained by this expectation of RP most people will flail them for if they lack.

And so we come down to the Rogues. They are bastards. They are the meanest mofos you will encounter, if we are talking how they are depicted in the lore. Having no goals or ambitions, they are cruelty made manifest and their actions depict that. The last month or so, with the ability to get many members online at the same time has allowed to translate that idea to the ingame encounters we give.

And no, they are not nice.

The biggest problem we seem to face so far is that when you RP a Rogue as you are supposed to, it is highly easy for weak-nerved people to point at you and state how you are using RP as an excuse to bring out your oorp hated or trollishness or whatever. An argument which can be pinned on every single faction in the game, but we might as well not go into the details.

So what if we ( LR- I mean) embraced that particular statement?
What if we gave you a faction, which you have no qualms of pooling all of your forces at without worry that it would be ''unfair'' or ''unbalanced''.
Where you do so out of genuine need and necessity, because you know that you will end up on the receiving side of said unfair and unbalanced fight if you do not.

This is being considered right now.
The nomads were defanged and are not fun to shoot or hate. That is not why you seek out a K'Hara member or Wilde member for. You seek them out for squigglyline asterisk induced RP.

Phantoms are gone, so that particular punching bag is out of the window as well. So, who are left?
Well, considering some factions are already agreed upon that they will
[Image: KHhforv.png]

Well, why not? Really.
This is NOT a qq thread, this is not a rage thread. Imho this might be something that players need to stop worrying about things related to this subject.

What do you think?
Sure, why not - we'll respond in kind.

May the best torpedo win.
I think it is kind of right, since Liberty Navy tends to throw capital ships onto every hostile target without much thinking if this is an overpower. Most of those players are indies, but sometimes also official players seemed to follow "overkill tactic"- nowadays, not so common thankfully in case of officials.

The problem lies in indie players who got their dreads and are, sorry for the term, lolwhuting around with it. Many of them do not actually put much or even any effort into RP - sometimes they are not even able to make a coherent sentence. I pushed out idea about doing something like this:

Quote:Remove all caps (destroyers, cruisers, battleships, battlecruisers and carriers) from the in-game sellpoints and make them SRP. This way, official factions should have no problem in obtaining caps - and indie players would be more likely to make proper RP and put some effort into character for SRP request. Such a thing would bring balance to the majority of the encounters as well.

Official factions are more likely responsible to bring snubs into a snub fight and caps to the cap fight. Majority of indies I have encountered did not seem to understand they are overpowering the encounter. Did they care? Not really. Easy blues.

The scenario, in which small taskforce of Liberty Rogues/OC/Xenos/whatever were simply massacred by capital ship spam happened too many times. There is no point in roleplaying LR indie, if you are going to be spammed with caps.
Um...what does this have to do with things, Fluffy?

EDIT: Also, only 3 out of our members have fighters...kek...
I pointed out that majority of encounters on LR indies ends up with sole player being capspammed by LNS lolwhuts. That's why I dropped any interest into Liberty at some point, since it was not fun anymore to even go into there on any unlawful character.
I had lot of fun on my indie KNF in Shikoku once. The only one thing should be sorted out is - evenness. Also LR- bringing some activity. Seeing minimum four of you making me to log something Wink ~Frendly feedback
I already play my rogue in a way that tries to piss off everyone, trying to be that villian you want to destroy tenderly everytime.

Yes, I am an indie. I play alone. I like it. Yes I get ganked sometimes more or less. But you can always be clever about it and appear where you can be the most annoying still. It's one of the most fun things left in disco. Especially when there aren't enough unlawfuls.

So yup. Be bad. Be as evil as you can be.

But try to do it in style.

Give RP. Make fun of them while rubbing their faces in dirt. Hit on their women. Eat their puppies. Try to be a character someone can laugh at behind the PC while being so much angered in character. Be a dick, but do not play when you're in a bad mood. Make sure to giggle while you're doing it.

Do your best anyway, some will always complain. You should still do your best.

It would be nice. One can always wish.
Sort of missing the point of this thread.
I am asking whether or not you want a faction like LR- to abandon all pretence of fair fairplay and restraint in order to become an entity any other group could gank with utmost pleasure without feeling bad about themselves.
Poll added.
Nope.

Nope... wait, yup!

Nope.
Pages: 1 2 3 4