Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battleship Missiles: Buff Damage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
An average battleship missile does about 200,000 damage per hit, uses about 2,500,000 energy per hit, fires every 20 seconds and has ammunition capacity limited to 20. It also has about 5K range and it is able to disrupt cruise engines, but its speed is only about 200m/s plus battleship speed, if the battleship is going forward, which is 90m/s.

According to this, a Nova torpedo does not only have a greater damage input, due to storing 70 pieces, but it also does more damage per second, bomber energy recharge taken into account. Its range is not significantly shorter and any missile fired from such a long range can easily be spotted and detonated by a CD.
Although a Nova can't disrupt cruise engines, I doubt a battleship missile will ever be used for that on purpose.

I think we need to buff battleship missiles, but I don't think we need missile spamming, so the only thing that I think should be buffed is damage per hit, and twice.

Do you agree? Do you have something else to propose?
Actually, there are two option:

1. Buff Damage while keeping the other stats/storage as it is.

2. Buff Storage and speed of the missiles.

At this point, battleship missiles are very underrated and ineffective.
Introduce stealth Battleship missiles and give them some actual purpose?
Add Battleship Torpedos instead of Missiles, It will do more dmg
Give missiles damage that's between Mortar and HM
more is better! give me more or everything mentioned and i'll be happy.
Maybe EMP BB Missiles only that only for Shields and 2 hit will deshield Battleships.

15 Sec reload would be great

It must be mounted on BS Primary Turret slot
Give them straight up more damage, and a much larger blast radius? They're explosives, unlike the mortars, so they'd have an actual area of effect, instead of a focused blast into a single target.
They need a serious buff, the best one would be to double the ammo and increase speed or turn rate. Damage itself would be okay as it is if they hit anything.

Bs missiles are useless enough already considering they can't hit anything except careless cruiser and other battleships. And not even cruisers cause they have Cd and Cm. Against battleships they do 0 damage.

They're only good against careless snubs and bad gunboat pilots, which makes them garbage overall if opponent knows anything about flying a ship.
God no, i mean it will be like razors mk2 for smaller classes, not too mention fighting battleships that use BS missiles in duels against other battleships is a pain. I hate when they are used in duels as it screws up aiming, and they are already a pain for lesser classes. dont change them i dont want LABC missile noobs to start lugging Atlantis carriers spamming 5 missiles every second.
Pages: 1 2 3