Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Battle of the Giants - Bowex) vs Gateway| - 8th August 19:00 UTC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: LOGO02.png]

[Image: 4521099-9366942388-44897.png]
[Image: Pn82j84.png]

INDI'S ARE ALLOWED TO TURN UP AS LONG AS THEY LISTEN TO THE GUY IN CHARGE AND SIDES ARE EVEN

Date: 8th August 19:00 UTC

Situation:

The time has come for the Battle of the Corporations! Two super giants will battle it out for supremacy as they protect their Carriers from the opposing force.

Mission:

Your mission is simple. Find and loc/ate the enemy carrier then destroy it, taking out as many of the other faction ships as possible.

Execution:

This event will be for Gateway|- and Bowex) official faction members only, HOWEVER indis may apply and join if the faction leaders approves them. This event is meant to be a bit of fun for the two official factions.

You have unlimited amount respawns to locate and destroy the enemy carrier. Once one of the Carriers has been destroyed, the normal PvP rules will be reimplemented meaning that after a Carrier has been destroyed, everyone who has died will have to wait 2 hours or wait for people to log off to re-enter that system.

Carriers can act like mobile stations and snubs can dock at Carriers.

If your Carrier is full, you may use one of the following safe zones to stage your attacks from:
- Planet Sprague - Staging ground for “Bowex)”
- Aland Shipyard - Staging ground for “Gateway|”

You are not allowed to engage vessels inside the radius of 10k around each safe zone, however intruders may be “scared” off.

Carriers can not engage one another

Carriers may move about in Omega-3, however they must start at the staging grounds
-Carriers have to stay within the map and are not allowed further than 10k above or below the plain

No cloaks or special equipment at all (Excluding docking modules for Carriers)

Snubs, bombers and combat freighter usage are unlimited, however each faction may use ONE gunboat. Needs to be declared before hand. No transports.

Players may swap snub classes, however if they can not swap sides in the fight. IE, a “Gateway|” can not swap to “Bowex)”

The Gunboat can be swapped out, however the named gunboat is the only gunboat allowed.

Do your best not to gank. This is a fun event after all

There will be no RP consequences for either faction as this is meant to be an event for fun at the end of the day.

Participants:

Snubs do not need to register.

Gateway|:

Carrier - Gateway|-GSV-Blackwing
Gunboat - Gateway|-GSE-Navajo

Bowex):

Carrier - Bowex)Godiva
Gunboat -

Code:
Ship Faction:
Ship Name:
Ship Class:
There was meant to be a bit with the BPA), but we've decided to leave it out for a bit. We'll see how this event goes first. Feedback is also appreciated. This has been talked over with the Gateway leader so both Bowex and Gateway HCs have had input in this.

A time also needs to be decided on so post when you're free.
Hail Gateway! I'll come on a Bowex) snub.
Woohoo, time for some Bowex) snub action
Can't wait to see you all there. I should be able to make time for the event whenever it is.
[Image: more-blood-for-the-blood-god.png]
*prepares blackwing squadron*
I'll join Bowex. BOWEX IS LOVE. BOWEX IS LIFE.
Hold on, hold on! But...But...I expected to see some sort of trading competition...
(07-19-2015, 06:35 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]Hold on, hold on! But...But...I expected to see some sort of trading competition...

Not sure exactly what your expectations are there, but do feel free to write up your own idea....

From personal experience, I'm going to avoid any kind of "must deliver X number of commodity y in shortest time" etc, etc. type competitions, because quite frankly that will ultimately come down to whomever has more members (or more members available who can log for the event), which isn't that interesting to me, not to mention we already do enough of that in supply contracting already.

Weekends (preferably a Saturday, but not within the next two weeks) would do best for me. Perhaps 1st Saturday in August?
Pages: 1 2 3 4