Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dem good old' games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Post your comments about the game age of mythology (or aom) If you have played it. The game got me interested in mythology alot, and i still play it today. The online is fantastic, the amount of creativity is un endless in the variety of maps you can play from (most of them player made) as well as the single player which throws in a slight or high education of mythology (varies on people) Age of Mythology was made by the same people who made AoE 1 2 and 3.
Yeah I still play AoM too, well I haven't recently but its a fun game to play with a couple of friends just for fun.
Would of been cool if they had another expansion for the game or a second title... Sorta reminds me of Freelancer because of that.

What did you think of the single player?
I borrowed it from my cousin, its a great game. I love taking a Titan for a stroll through the countryside, or into the enemy base:P

Great game, my kind of genre.
Greek mythology all the way!
What's also great about this game is that it is accurate about the mythology it incorporates.
If you go to a book store and pick out any book on mythology (such as Greek mythology)
you will find that the game is pretty much in line with the book.
AoM has some pretty cool features. Definitely worth a try. But after the novelty wears off it's just Age of Empires all over again, except you can't build walls to keep the bastards out. But I guess that's empire sims for ya....
Um....what? Age of Mythology does have walls...in fact they are a vital part of every strategy....

Mmmmm, as a avid AOM player for 6 years (It was the game that launched my gaming life), I would say it's a great game, love the versatility. Mythology wise, I would dispute some things (such as the Manticore-that was more middle eastern than Greek) and the fact the Greeks only got 4 heros was kinda annoying. The Greeks were under balanced in initial play, and they only succeed later on becuase of their more powerful units and superior technology. On the other hand, the Norse was overpowered in the initial game play. with their ability to build forward bases, and I must say, as a competitive player, the most annoying player is the bloody Loki Rusher. A good Loki Rusher is pretty much impossible to counter, and you have to be really good to counter.
lovely, especially map editor, a nice one since you could do battle directly while editing XD

also, try throwing osiris around with a heroic character is hilarious XD
My favorite unit was anubis, so cool =)
its a very good game. possibly the best in the (greek etc) mythological genre.

its a shame MS broke up ensemble studios -- they could have done so much more with the AOE franchise ----

Age of Mythology open ended mmoprg a la WoW anyone? or is Titans Quest already it...?
' Wrote:Um....what? Age of Mythology does have walls...in fact they are a vital part of every strategy....
Mmmmm, as a avid AOM player for 6 years (It was the game that launched my gaming life), I would say it's a great game, love the versatility. Mythology wise, I would dispute some things (such as the Manticore-that was more middle eastern than Greek) and the fact the Greeks only got 4 heros was kinda annoying. The Greeks were under balanced in initial play, and they only succeed later on becuase of their more powerful units and superior technology. On the other hand, the Norse was overpowered in the initial game play. with their ability to build forward bases, and I must say, as a competitive player, the most annoying player is the bloody Loki Rusher. A good Loki Rusher is pretty much impossible to counter, and you have to be really good to counter.

Your avatar is the colosus isnt it.(i know i didnt spell it right...)
Pages: 1 2