Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ***ARCHIVED*** Discovery Mining Guide [4.88.5] ***ARCHIVED***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
And Hegemon's optimum setup?
I find that 4 Turrets at positions 5, 6 , 9 and 10 work for me.
Well St.Denis, that didn't work for me... I had to go back to all-slots-with-mining arrays because maybe with your config the yield per shot was higher, but the target time it took was 3 or 4 fold , and I definitely noticed it was going slower... So there you go ... what's good for one isn't so good for another... Confused
(03-22-2017, 12:54 PM)DarkAngel430 Wrote: [ -> ]Well St.Denis, that didn't work for me... I had to go back to all-slots-with-mining arrays because maybe with your config the yield per shot was higher, but the target time it took was 3 or 4 fold , and I definitely noticed it was going slower... So there you go ... what's good for one isn't so good for another... Confused

I use cockpit mode and am constantly moving, so target time would not make any difference using 4 or 10 turrets.
(03-22-2017, 01:58 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2017, 12:54 PM)DarkAngel430 Wrote: [ -> ]Well St.Denis, that didn't work for me... I had to go back to all-slots-with-mining arrays because maybe with your config the yield per shot was higher, but the target time it took was 3 or 4 fold , and I definitely noticed it was going slower... So there you go ... what's good for one isn't so good for another... Confused

I use cockpit mode and am constantly moving, so target time would not make any difference using 4 or 10 turrets.
Sweeeeeet!
Just found out the hard way, that LM Series "Tournez" Gallic Metal Service Light Miner is not able to mine, since it can not mount mining turrets.

So maybe removing it from the OP Tutorial would be a good idea.

EDIT: I just found out, there are in fact "Small Mineral Extractor" guns available. So maybe add those to the OP.
Wonder which would be the fastest ship to mine as DHC .
1 - Ragnar
2 - Survyor
3- Arrastra
Or maybe something i couldn't think about
(03-25-2017, 09:44 AM)Dr.Zaff Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder which would be the fastest ship to mine as DHC .
1 - Ragnar
2 - Survyor
3- Arrastra
Or maybe something i couldn't think about

I used the Hegemon, and for Uncut Diamonds in O-11 or whatever, it was the best I could find. Good cargo space too, for those lags in between haulers. That was in 4.86 or whatever, though. Could be different now.
Who can mine iridium in lost?
Quote:Dromedary: Borderworlds miner
IDs: Zoners, IRG, OSI, PRIME, Gammu Artificial Intelligence, Outcasts

Quote:Iridium Ore:
3x - Order, Core, Zoners, AI, OSI-, IRG|, PRIME|
4x - Order|, Core|
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13