Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship in turret mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is possible to turn ship in turret mode? I`ave tried everything and I`am unable to control my ship and turrets at once... If it is no possible can in be done by programming in 4,85??
depending on if you changed your key settings, it should be possible with the left and right directional keys. I have never tried tho but it should work
' Wrote:depending on if you changed your key settings, it should be possible with the left and right directional keys. I have never tried tho but it should work

This doesn't work. It just turns your screen.

You can't turn your ship in turret mode. But you can strafe just fine.
My tip, if you need to use turret mode, use it for a second or two, switch back to normal, reangle ship, go back to turret view, it can be done pretty easily and pretty fast, so I wouldn't have thought it that much of a problem.

It would be a nice idea though.
I think it is necessary if you want capital ships to act like they really would as I think they would have independent pilots and gunners, but I also think it could be pretty hard to implement.
Yes, I noticed how it is not possible too.
It would definitely be better if you could manouver with your preset keys while in turret mode, but I, like you, do not know if it is possible to achieve.

Can we get an answer from someone knowledgeable?
Wouldn't the best solution be if your ship had NPC gunners that could fire rear turrets when you were in flight mode?

They could even get better at shooting depending on how many ships you have destroyed.

No, automated guns would never be good, really.
Automated guns is a big no-no.

However their is a way, (as shown by someone recently in a thread somewhere) for you to fire and manuver using mouse look, but that is the mod side, i don't know how easy it is to impliment or if anyone in the dev team/igiss would want to do it.
Well I see no reason why it should not be done.
I don't really thing it is illogical, or that it gives some unseen huge advantage.
If it can be made, I say why not?

Automated guns, the no there I fully agree with.
Pages: 1 2