Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(05-13-2016, 02:12 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work with the map, Error.
Glad to hear that it's been of use to you; thanks! Smile

(05-13-2016, 05:38 PM)Wixelt Wrote: [ -> ]Great work on the map.

Because I want it to be the best it can be though, i'm going to point out that Freeport 15 now exists in two systems. I'm assuming that's a game data thing though.
Again, thanks! Big Grin

The Freeport 15 duplicates are indeed a game data thing; those should be fixed by the time the next hotfix is out, if I recall the contents of the bug report thread correctly. I've set the search field to prioritize the "correct" one for now to remedy the issue temporarily (since most users probably aren't looking for the inaccessible duplicate in Omicron-74).

I will hopefully get to see to the last few v4.88.5 issues the map has tonight (and/or check whether it's the map or the game data that is "at fault", and potentially submit some fixes); it's for example having difficulties working with certain new alien jump gates for some reason that I've as of yet been unable to determine. Should hopefully be trivial to fix, though.

EDIT: Looks like there's something odd with them indeed, the tool I'm using to parse jump gate/hole connections seems to be having issues with them as well judging by them being rendered as one-way connections on the universe map. Again; will get that fixed as soon as I can.
(05-13-2016, 05:56 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]Most users probably aren't looking for the inaccessible duplicate in Omicron-74).

Agreed, but that means there's 3 different Freeport 15s, I can see them in Sigma 15 and O-Kappa.
Just dropping by to say it is an epic piece of work, Error.
Big grand kudos for your hard work putting this together to a level of use that is beyond believable.

<3
(05-14-2016, 01:11 PM)Wixelt Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, but that means there's 3 different Freeport 15s, I can see them in Sigma 15 and O-Kappa.
Yup, there are indeed three (!) of them in the current public release of the mod. In the end the main issue here is that the map isn't nearly flexible enough in generating search queries (and suggestions) automagically; I should optimally have made it throw in the system name in brackets - like "Freeport 15 (Omicron Kappa)" - or some similar solution for cases like this, even though they seldom appear intentionally. Will add that to my to-do list to prevent issues like this happening again.

(05-14-2016, 01:38 PM)Titanium Wrote: [ -> ]
Just dropping by to say it is an epic piece of work, Error.
Big grand kudos for your hard work putting this together to a level of use that is beyond believable.

<3
Many thanks! I don't think I'll stop working on it any time soon; grown quite fond of it myself as a project by now, and I've still got a few big features and requests that I'd love to implement at some point down the line when I get a few days off. Big Grin

-

PS: In other news, I'm still not quite sure what's up with the Iota-99-Major system connections. Will have to stare at them a bit more when I get home this evening.
Just wanted to say that this thing is beyond useful, especially since Windows 10 doesn't let me use FL Companion for whatever reason.

Thanks a lot, keep up the good work.
(05-14-2016, 01:52 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]PS: In other news, I'm still not quite sure what's up with the Iota-99-Major system connections. Will have to stare at them a bit more when I get home this evening.

Actually, on that note, isn't there a connection between Major and Lost? I thought I saw jumpholes for them in their respective systems.
(05-14-2016, 02:00 PM)Stefz Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say that this thing is beyond useful, especially since Windows 10 doesn't let me use FL Companion for whatever reason.

Many thanks, will do! It works alright for finding your way around, but it's unfortunately not exactly a FLCompanion replacement due to the lack of trade route generation/charting - which I don't think I'll be able to implement yet, or at least not anywhere near as well as FLC does, for technical reasons - but I've still got that as a long-term goal since it sounds like a good challenge. We'll see. Big Grin

(05-14-2016, 07:54 PM)Wixelt Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2016, 01:52 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]PS: In other news, I'm still not quite sure what's up with the Iota-99-Major system connections. Will have to stare at them a bit more when I get home this evening.

Actually, on that note, isn't there a connection between Major and Lost? I thought I saw jumpholes for them in their respective systems.
Yup, there is; got both of those issues fixed now. Smile

EDIT: Not quite; will have to take a closer look at what's happening with the Lost -> Major connection.

EDIT2: The universe map is accurate - that's a one-way connection - should be all good now.
(05-14-2016, 02:00 PM)Stefz Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say that this thing is beyond useful, especially since Windows 10 doesn't let me use FL Companion for whatever reason.

I'll just quote Stefz.
(05-15-2016, 01:40 PM)Projekt Lerdi Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll just quote Stefz.
Many thanks! Big Grin

-

The issue with the map for Sigma-15 not generating is known, I'm working on patching it up right now; there's an error in the .ini file for the system that's tripping the map up due to far too poor error/unexpected data handling on my part.

EDIT: Should be resolved now, press Ctrl + F5 if is still doesn't load on your end. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Oh hey, man this thing is awsome! I recently began plaing Disco on this server (never played it before, just regular FL SP) and this thing helps me so much to keep track of my routes. Though now when I read this thread I might look into that FL companion someone mentioned.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43