Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Any reason that AI cannot have Omicron Lost as a home system? Would make it a more interesting faction to play, and as there is only on base in the system which is AI it sounds sensible. The RP over iridium would be excellent!

Thoughts?
Wrong thread, and no, they compete with the Vagrants right now, as they are based on Moros. Also Core, Zoners and Order compete for the iridium rock. AI home system is still Kappa.
Still working on it as of right now, my apologies for the delay - ran into a few issues while updating it last night. Would give an ETA of approximately five-six hours from now for the update.
Omegas are still a crazy mess and not reverted to vanilla. I'm disappointed, son.

Oh wait, that's online navmap feedback. Okay, I like it and it looks solid. Just found Omega 41 neutron star sprite becomes very huge in autoscale mode.
(10-17-2017, 07:14 PM)Curios Wrote: [ -> ]Omegas are still a crazy mess and not reverted to vanilla. I'm disappointed, son.

Oh wait, that's online navmap feedback. Okay, I like it and it looks solid. Just found Omega 41 neutron star sprite becomes very huge in autoscale mode.
Ah, yeah, that's a rather silly bug caused by me naively using the atmosphere radius for determining the radius of planets at some point - works fine for most things, but absolutely not that one. Implementing an alternate solution is on my list already - thanks for the reminder! Big Grin

PS: What I'm actually looking for is a way to render atmospheres that looks alright in most browsers so that I can ideally properly show both the radius of the atmosphere and the planet on the map. Using the radius of the atmosphere to render the sizes seemed the most helpful at the time as a temporary solution, since it makes it easy to see on the map where you can actually fly and not.
Maybe something with html\css transparency screwing for some simple white circle with dynamic radius under the planet\sun sprite? Dunow. The asteroid fields looks okay and seem to be something around that. No idea what kind of engine steams the thing up.
Currently uploading the latest data to the server, should be up and running within an hour. I've currently got an issue with a few missing planet textures (Planet Manhattan, amongst others) which took me quite some time to unfortunately not yet resolve; will look into creating a new and better procedure for updating these, as it's an issue that has happened more than once by now.

(10-17-2017, 07:56 PM)Curios Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe something with html\css transparency screwing for some simple white circle with dynamic radius under the planet\sun sprite? Dunow. The asteroid fields looks okay and seem to be something around that. No idea what kind of engine steams the thing up.
That's the plan - the map itself is rendered using mostly plain HTML/CSS, so that's a valid solution. I just haven't found something using that which consistently looks/works well yet.
Alright, the latest update should be up and running on the map now - you might have to press Ctrl + F5 once to bypass your cache if you can't see the changes yet.
Thanks a bunch <3
Thanks, Error! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43