Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Many thanks for the kind words, everyone; please remember to tell me if anything explodes or if it doesn't work as expected! There's a known issue list in the main post in case you're unsure whether an issue is on my to-fix list yet or not.

I think I'll start working a bit more on a proper infocard parser to begin with, as it trips up on wreck infocards far too often due to the style many of them are written in. Adding autosuggestions for the input field along with adding bases to it (so that you can input the base you want to go to directly) is probably the next thing after that.

(08-04-2015, 12:55 AM)Adam_Spire Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I'm saving the link because that is some good clean web design right there. Short and to the point too.

The pages load so fast that I don't even need to plot a course in game, I just look at your map and follow the lines.

Thank you very much for ever ounce of work you put into this. This kina stuff makes me happy I'm back.
Many, many thanks! I'm hoping to keep it at least as fast as that if everything goes to plan. It runs far quicker than I'd ever expected it to, to be honest - even on my old Android phone - considering all the array parsing it has to do on load; I think I may be underestimating the JS engines modern browsers have... Big Grin

(08-04-2015, 02:15 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]there's no omicron lost Sad
Ah, you're right, I think I know what's causing that already; should be able to get that fixed today. Thanks! Smile

Edit: There is now; fixed!

(08-04-2015, 02:14 AM)Blodo Wrote: [ -> ]It's pretty good, I've been looking into accomplishing similar using svg or canvas. Would probably be easier for drawing connections and whatnot.
Yup, I remember you had a go at web navmaps on the Wiki a while back. Probably one of my main inspirations for getting into navmaps, that. I mostly didn't want to use canvas myself as it's not as well supported nor as easy to style, scale and interact with as using plain old HTML elements, but that is indeed one of the main reasons for why there are no straight lines anywhere; drawing lines without canvas is, well, a bit of a pain. Tongue
Wow, awesome. Given that my FL Companion doesn't work, I'll be sure to use this. Smile
I thought Tau-63 was removed from the game.

Edit: This thing is a bit outdated.
Nice work!
It's awesome. Hope you'll add the connections between systems soon
Again, nice work!
(08-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Tau-63 was removed from the game.

Edit: This thing is a bit outdated.
Are you sure, and, if so, do you have any other examples that I can check and/or fix if there is indeed an issue? Everything shown on that page is generated directly from the game's files when you open the page, and last time I updated my game and copied over the .ini files to the web page was yesterday, so unless something's changed overnight - or something isn't working like it should - everything should be as up-to-date as it can get. Tau-63 is still in the game, but it's been changed to a dead-end system without anything in it and moved off the Sirius map; FLC can verify this for you.

EDIT: Thanks , and ! I'll look around more to see if there's a relatively quick way to generate system connections when I've got time; it's on my list. Smile
Im lovin' it Big Grin Its very cool, nice job.
(08-04-2015, 03:16 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ](...)

My mistake, I forgot some infocards I've read haven't been implented yet. Also, yes. I thought Tau-63 was entirely removed from the game.
I like it, but under brauschweig theres a system called LXP 48N, Idk, i see that system on FLcompanion too, but its completely empty!
But great work!!1
(08-04-2015, 03:27 PM)TheFreelancer Wrote: [ -> ]I like it, but under brauschweig theres a system called LXP 48N, Idk, i see that system on FLcompanion too, but its completely empty!
But great work!!1

I think it doesn't recognize the other plugin, which puts systems into separate sectors.

Bastille and Conn are not visible on the "inRP" sector map as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43