Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Kudos on the effort and work you have put into this. Looks great as usual, and updated quickly after the after the last patch. It is one of the most helpful tools a Disco player can have in his toolbox and for new players it is a must. Cheers.
Dauphine seems to be mapped to an older version still, Valence Base and Burgundy Jumpholes are missplaced, although everything else looks correctly placed, as far as I can tell at least
Absolutely stunning work!
Thanks for the kind words and feedback, everyone! Big Grin

(01-30-2018, 10:19 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]Dauphine seems to be mapped to an older version still, Valence Base and Burgundy Jumpholes are missplaced, although everything else looks correctly placed, as far as I can tell at least
That sounds odd; I'll double-check this in a bit, but have you tried pressing Ctrl + F5 with the map open? This sounds a bit like a caching issue. The system data on the map is updated all at once straight from the game files (which should make problems like this unlikely), and I don't think there has been any updates making changes to those systems since last time the map was updated on the 24th of January.

EDIT: Could you send me a screenshot of what the Dauphine map looks like for you?

EDIT2: Oooh, I think I found the issue; the objects are correctly placed, but the Voiron Dust Field is not - probably due to a bug in field/zone rendering, or something odd in the system file that the map isn't handling correctly. This threw me off when I tried to head to the Burgundy jump hole too, I used the field instead of the grid as a reference and ended up in G5 instead of G6. Will take a look, seems like there's something odd going on here. Thanks for the help! Smile
With the advent of WebGL and HTML5, I'd *LOVE* to see a 3D map. something down the line.
(02-18-2018, 01:14 PM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]With the advent of WebGL and HTML5, I'd *LOVE* to see a 3D map. something down the line.

I'm talking out my arse here since I don't really understand how this all works, but with the FL Mod Studio source, is it possible something could be created where it imports ini's from a server hosted up to date FL installation and renders them in 3D in your web browser? How difficult is something like this to create?
It's entirely possible to convert it using the existing data. All WebGL is, is a way to render OpenGL-based 3D Graphics on a webpage. I believe has experience with it. It wouldn't be hard to convert it using ini data.
is there a way to save the navmap without the background image?
(02-18-2018, 01:16 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-18-2018, 01:14 PM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]With the advent of WebGL and HTML5, I'd *LOVE* to see a 3D map. something down the line.

I'm talking out my arse here since I don't really understand how this all works, but with the FL Mod Studio source, is it possible something could be created where it imports ini's from a server hosted up to date FL installation and renders them in 3D in your web browser? How difficult is something like this to create?

Entirely possible, the whole map can be even rendered as an OBJ (as its the simplest 3d format, containing only coordinates, based on floating point numbers). The hard part is to include textures in the whole thing, if we start wanting asteroid fields to contain actual textured asteroids, plus every other solar thats in a given system, we will be WAY better off just having a separate client-side tool to view the starmap.

Like Ichiru's system, where you can view models (withe textures, rendered in OpenGL, with drop shadows etc), and his System Viewer that lets you fly around any system in a quick fashion, like a virtual camera.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Unity WebGL Nav Map
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43