Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(02-21-2016, 06:38 AM)Zig Zag Wrote: [ -> ]Remarkable. Well Done.
Thanks, glad to hear that! Big Grin

PS: Sorry for the late reply, must have missed it the first time around somehow - thought I had instant PM notifications on for this thread at the time. Weird.

(03-17-2016, 04:59 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion:

Maybe add an infocard browser? Like, being able to check infocards on a base?
I'm already working on it, actually, but this functionality will probably be implemented as a separate tool to begin with as it was actually surprisingly difficult to add base rumor/infocard parsing to the map in an efficient way. Base rumors in particular took quite a lot more processing and data transfer (with subsequent loading time increases) to add than I'd like it to with what I've currently got, but I'll see what I can do to improve it and bump adding it to the map up a bit on my priority list. Thank you for your feedback (as usual)! Smile
Instead of connecting the Outcasts and Corsairs in the old style, ( Alpha - Theta - Gamma ) now we have Alpha - Beta - Eta - O-94 - Gamma. That has been a problem 2 versions ago and still is. It's killing the game.
(04-16-2016, 08:53 PM)Eonaros Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of connecting the Outcasts and Corsairs in the old style, ( Alpha - Theta - Gamma ) now we have Alpha - Beta - Eta - O-94 - Gamma. That has been a problem 2 versions ago and still is. It's killing the game.

Nevermind the base at the O-41 jh. (rofl)
<3
(04-16-2016, 08:53 PM)Eonaros Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of connecting the Outcasts and Corsairs in the old style, ( Alpha - Theta - Gamma ) now we have Alpha - Beta - Eta - O-94 - Gamma. That has been a problem 2 versions ago and still is. It's killing the game.
Hi! I'd suggest posting this over in the Systems & Universe development blog thread or somewhere similar, as I am not currently involved in system design for the mod; I simply provide a map service for it, which this is the feedback/status thread for.
(04-16-2016, 08:55 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi! I'd suggest posting this over in the Systems & Universe development blog thread or somewhere similar, as I am not currently involved in system design for the mod; I simply provide a map service for it, which this is the feedback/status thread for.

Then this map service is incredibly done good. Good job man !
(04-17-2016, 11:36 AM)Eonaros Wrote: [ -> ]Then this map service is incredibly done good. Good job man !
Many thanks! Feel free to make a post here again if you've got some suggestions, issues to report, ideas or any other feedback for it; it's still a work in progress. Smile
Humboldt Copper Miningfield, you need to fly 1k under the plane to mine Copper Ore, maybe you can add that in the Navmap infocard from the Copper field.

Regards
(04-27-2016, 10:08 PM)Schrottie Wrote: [ -> ]Humboldt Copper Miningfield, you need to fly 1k under the plane to mine Copper Ore, maybe you can add that in the Navmap infocard from the Copper field.

Regards
Huh; I will take a look, thanks for the heads-up! Does this apply to the Careiro Asteroid Field (silver, D6) as well? I'm not aware that there any uncorrected errors in field positioning as of right now, so this took me a bit by surprise: Going into the middle of the field as indicated should have worked unless it's been modified server-side somehow.

EDIT: An offset on the Y-axis (up/down) should have been shown on both the infocard and as a tooltip if it was positioned below the plane, so I don't think that's the issue here; I've double-checked with the game files as well to make completely sure that the field isn't below the plane, so it looks like there's something more odd at work here. Will have to go for a short mining trip over there tomorrow, I suppose.

EDIT2: Are you sure about this? The system file for Humboldt indicates that the zone is quite a few k tall, so going one K below the plane shouldn't have made a difference unless there's something I don't know about field sizing (which is very well possible, but I haven't found any major discrepancies between the game and the map over the last half a year).

Code:
[zone]
nickname = Zone_BW58_tefefield_01_lootable
pos = -52000, 0, 15000
rotate = 0, 23, 0
shape = ELLIPSOID
size = 7000, 5000, 9000
property_flags = 66
visit = 36
spacedust = asteroiddust
spacedust_maxparticles = 75
sort = 19
Music = zone_field_asteroid_rock
(04-27-2016, 10:42 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2016, 10:08 PM)Schrottie Wrote: [ -> ]Humboldt Copper Miningfield, you need to fly 1k under the plane to mine Copper Ore, maybe you can add that in the Navmap infocard from the Copper field.

Regards
Huh; I will take a look, thanks for the heads-up! Does this apply to the Careiro Asteroid Field (silver, D6) as well? I'm not aware that there any uncorrected errors in field positioning as of right now, so this took me a bit by surprise: Going into the middle of the field as indicated should have worked unless it's been modified server-side somehow.

EDIT: An offset on the Y-axis (up/down) should have been shown on both the infocard and as a tooltip if it was positioned below the plane, so I don't think that's the issue here; I've double-checked with the game files as well to make completely sure that the field isn't below the plane, so it looks like there's something more odd at work here. Will have to go for a short mining trip over there tomorrow, I suppose.

EDIT2: Are you sure about this? The system file for Humboldt indicates that the zone is quite a few k tall, so going one K below the plane shouldn't have made a difference unless there's something I don't know about field sizing (which is very well possible, but I haven't found any major discrepancies between the game and the map over the last half a year).

Code:
[zone]
nickname = Zone_BW58_tefefield_01_lootable
pos = -52000, 0, 15000
rotate = 0, 23, 0
shape = ELLIPSOID
size = 7000, 5000, 9000
property_flags = 66
visit = 36
spacedust = asteroiddust
spacedust_maxparticles = 75
sort = 19
Music = zone_field_asteroid_rock

Was my fault, my waypoint was to high, not sure how this happened
The level of detail that new screenshot goes into is actually a little terrifying. What kind of computer do have to have in order to handle that kind of screenshotting?!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43