Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thank you for the help for a better transport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lower class shields, heavier turrets and good timing.

The lower class shields have made the difference between dying and making it through. It has also allowed me to have power for the guns.

Just wanted to extend a thank you to a few out there for changing my 3 year long transport loadout stigma. It's really helped.
No problem, also don't forget the cap thruster.
Does that cut down on CD? or just another energy sponge?
Not sure what you mean. The cap thruster is slightly less efficient than the enhanced thruster, but has tons more health. It's basically there to stop nova bombers from tearing your thrusters off. There's no good reason not to use one on a transport.

It takes up a tiny amount of cargo space, I believe, but doesn't use any power.
A cap thruster is essential, though even it cannot survive more than two direct double-nova blasts, especially if the transport is fleeing and hit from behind. Your biggest investement as a trader should always be armor, because it makes a huge difference. What use is that 5k of cargo space if you cannot survive to the next safe-spot and can be taken out by a solo fighter?
(08-05-2015, 12:25 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]A cap thruster is essential, though even it cannot survive more than two direct double-nova blasts, especially if the transport is fleeing and hit from behind. Your biggest investement as a trader should always be armor, because it makes a huge difference. What use is that 5k of cargo space if you cannot survive to the next safe-spot and can be taken out by a solo fighter?

So it comes down to making it to your destination with damaged parts rather than no parts or not at all. Always hate sacrificing cargo space but it seems 200 cargo space is worth the higher chance of making it to the delivery on time and with the cargo.

Alright folks, You've helped me this far, now I gota invest in the armor and thrusters.