Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Extreme Speak Teamspeak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This is not an Orange, just point it out.

The rules regarding our forum are very simple in this regard:

1.3 Advertising
- Promoting your company
- Trying to get people to buy a product

As such, since the Teamspeak Server is not (anymore) a part of the Discovery GC, they may not ask for donations on our forums. However, it is also because of DiscoveryGC that the Teamspeak server may not request a free license as they are closely related to a community that themselves uses donations to keep our server alive. This is problematic and is a very specific case.

However, the rules need to remain very straighforward, so I would say that unless/until the current team and the owners of the teamspeak server reach an agreement on the subject to place the Teamspeak as an exception from the rule above, you should keep the requests for donations either on the TS server itself or via skype. I am sure if people pass it on, it would reach more ears than this thread anyway.

That being said, this is not an orange statement. Also, please provide your paypal contacts so that people who cannot use Paypal.me can donate.
I understand the rules, but as i was asked to move the ts off of the official disco server, by disco devs/admins, (donations weren't needed back then, and i wasn't by my choice to move it), i didn't think it would be an issue to ask for donations to it

and i dont think its actually promoting a company is it?, there isn't an advert

i mean if its going to be called advertising, then might as well delete whole thread!!, that would also apply to anything posted that has nothing to do with disco, so where do we draw the line

ts is a helpful tool for players of disco, a shameless asking to keep it going shouldn't really cause a problem
(09-11-2016, 12:14 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]This is not an Orange, just point it out.

The rules regarding our forum are very simple in this regard:

1.3 Advertising
- Promoting your company
- Trying to get people to buy a product

As such, since the Teamspeak Server is not (anymore) a part of the Discovery GC, they may not ask for donations on our forums. However, it is also because of DiscoveryGC that the Teamspeak server may not request a free license as they are closely related to a community that themselves uses donations to keep our server alive. This is problematic and is a very specific case.

However, the rules need to remain very straighforward, so I would say that unless/until the current team and the owners of the teamspeak server reach an agreement on the subject to place the Teamspeak as an exception from the rule above, you should keep the requests for donations either on the TS server itself or via skype. I am sure if people pass it on, it would reach more ears than this thread anyway.

That being said, this is not an orange statement. Also, please provide your paypal contacts so that people who cannot use Paypal.me can donate.

So you say this isn't an official Moderator commentary, yet you say it IN an official moderator commentary manner, that it is NOT allowed, though do not enforce the rule you JUST pointed out is in fact true? I guess this i what you would call moderator bias given how much you yourself use said Teamspeak? Because that is the only thing I can see this as, Spazzy.
I'm pretty poor right now... otherwise I would donate some money. Gib me like 2 months Big Grin
(09-11-2016, 08:38 PM)Chrono Wrote: [ -> ]So you say this isn't an official Moderator commentary, yet you say it IN an official moderator commentary manner, that it is NOT allowed, though do not enforce the rule you JUST pointed out is in fact true? I guess this i what you would call moderator bias given how much you yourself use said Teamspeak? Because that is the only thing I can see this as, Spazzy.
It's not promoting a product.

It's promoting charity for a SERVICE (Same goes with comissioning for art. Not a product. ) or making people aware. Nor is it a company.
(09-11-2016, 08:45 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2016, 08:38 PM)Chrono Wrote: [ -> ]So you say this isn't an official Moderator commentary, yet you say it IN an official moderator commentary manner, that it is NOT allowed, though do not enforce the rule you JUST pointed out is in fact true? I guess this i what you would call moderator bias given how much you yourself use said Teamspeak? Because that is the only thing I can see this as, Spazzy.
It's not promoting a product.

It's promoting charity for a SERVICE (Same goes with comissioning for art. Not a product. ) or making people aware. Nor is it a company.

Exactly that. So do not worry about it Chrono.
From what Spazzy said and how he said it, I jumped the gun and in a bit of triggered anger, spoke before thinking. To me, at first glance, his NON-moderator statement seemed like obvious sidestepping of what would be a no-brainier ruling as he clearly stated that until it is decided, the request for donations should be kept off the forums. After talking with some people I realize now that the Admins are more than likely discussing this issue. SO if he'd added, "This matter will be discussed between the administration." I wouldn't have been so triggered.

I apologize for calling you out on Moderator Bias, Usually try and stand behind the moderator and admins decisions, though this time, I dropped the ball. Again, I apologize.

I will now return to my regularly scheduled programming of rofl stomping idiots in Planetside 2.
An idle kick has been placed on the TS when idle for 1 hour, this will only start when player base reaches 25
Hello,

When you want to be in a Teamspeak server were must i put the address 91.134.138.71 in my directory files how must I do that.

N-D2010
Top left corner: Connections > Connect > Server Address
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11