Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dem good old' games 3, Half-life 1-2-2.1-2.2 plus expasions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Half life is an interesting game, because it was the first to have none stop leveling. Pretty scary, tbh. The game is about a scientist/mute named Gordon Freeman, a professor at the black mesa research facility. A mysterious man known by fans as the g-man, is watching him. The "G-Man" gives black mesa a mysterious rock to examine. In the examining room, theres a large lazer like scanner thingy that you must push the rock into. You push the rock into the lazer and walla, you got yourself the beginning of the hardest fricken game i've ever played. Half-life 2 (plus episodes) Is about gordon freeman woken up from a deep sleep in City 17. The world is controlled by the Combines, an alien race. You must make your way out of the city, to Doctor Breens citidal. Using the legendary Gravity Gun, the magic crowbar, and a **** load of ammo, blast your way through hoards and hoards of zombies+aliens.

My, NUMBER ONE
Yus, I <3 Half life.

And alyx vance... was talking with someone last night who was like "WTF, how could you like her?", i dunno, I think she's hot =P

Alyx= Hottest video game character in the history of life...
' Wrote:Alyx= Hottest video game character in the history of life...

eh, I wouldnt say that... she's fine but there are other finer game babes out there. Personally I prefer the alien chicks, just because it's something out of the ordinary =P Liara from Mass effect = smokin.
Aliens.... ALIENS, if i wanted an alien i'd go to weight watchers and pay 50 bucks.
Half-Life was amazing, and revolutionized FPSs more than any game since DOOM. And it had excellent multiplayer with some really great mods. I haven't had the chance to play HL2 yet, though I actually have the Orange Box.
Barney: "Hurry Dr. Freeman!"

-Exits the room-

Barney: "Damn that was close, i nearly lost my last beer and he could've pressed me to tell him what actually happened while he was away! Way to dodge that bullet, Barney, way to dodge that bullet..." -Heroic pose-

Cleiner: "Get in the teleporter! Hurry now, i don't have time to tell you what happened while you were gone, i'm a busy man and i have yet to feed Lamar a scientist today!"

-Zap-

And so forth.

Half Life 1 was much better than Half Life 2 cause the abomination of a story they tossed on was just... idiotic.

Truth be told, i think Concerned painted a better picture of Half Life 2 than Half Life 2 itself did.

http://www.hlcomic.com/index.php?date=2005-05-01
I like them all equally, each story is connected. OH, and that **** about g-man being related to gordon is bull... G-man i think is going to turn out to be a sorta.... the messager/helper of the rulers of the universe or something like that, sent to gordon and others to "help" the world pan out in the way they want.