Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Removal of Cerbs/General Capital Weaponry overhaul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yes since it got locked down and I was requested to make a new one, here:

Quote:I was thinking it over and even discussed it with a Friend and we thought about how a Battlefield would look like without Cerberus actually, I find it kinda stupid. What's this something like a Code weapon for all Caps? Every Factions Cap Ship and their mothers are using Cerbs, where did that tech come from?

To be honest, giving BS Missiles and Cruiser missiles lesser energy use but remove Cerberus might give a total new picture of Battles. Now I dunno about the Lag issues of course however a Cerberus as a generic Heavy Gun that is actually so powerfull dealing alot of dmg per sec is ridiculous. The Primaries are enough, srsly the fights would last longer, too trust me. I've once tried the Realistic Capital Ship mod (was LOOONG ago) on the FL Mod Manager, there was an Osiris with 2 Missile slots and others were different weapons, similar to primaries and secondaries, but no sign of a Cerberus.

As for a generic weapon dealing such dmg, what do you think? A Cruiser would for sure have it harder to take out a Battleship, so this time he'll call for a friend and go on 2 Cruisers vs 1 BS (which is the realistic way of taking down a BS). Now I know Cruisers are anti-caps, but not alone, they can be produced in masses and use lesser amount of resources than a whole Battleship. But with Cerberus alone it's just too easy, a single cruiser without any effort taking down Caps. Now this is not about buffing Caps or anything don't get me wrong, the BS Cerbs will be removed too if Cruisers have no cerbs either. Give Cruiser Missiles and BS Missiles lesser energy use but remove Cerbs. Given the heavy slots of Cap Ships, the Mortar and Missiles (Razors would fit better on Primary slots though) are actually the ones only fitting inside a HEAVY Slot, the Cerberus is kinda a Gun too much in Discovery. The Battles would last MUCH longer without Cerbs! It would even make Cloaks lesser OP, because they guy wouldn't simply go Uncloak at your "back-yard" and shoot all Cerb + Primes and insta kill you.

Post in your ideas, what do you think about this? Do you think it makes sense the Cerbs? Why do you want to keep the Cerberus Class guns?

Also this Video to show you how fights without Cerbs looked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdxwZmd...be&t=6m50s

ADDED:

Another idea is to make Cerberus deal only hull dmg, no buffer or something same hull dmg but reduced shield dmg, so kinda nerf.

Another one is a overhaul of Heavy/Primary Slots: Heavy Mortar/Missiles/Rail Gun(Omicron Update) on Heavy Slot, Primary/Razor/Normal Mortar/Pulse on Primary Slot.
Cerbs seriously should be changed or whatever, its rather boring to see every capital having cerb turrets 8|
(08-09-2015, 12:21 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]Cerbs seriously should be changed or whatever, its rather boring to see every capital having cerb turrets 8|

yes exactly!
4 BS Primary turret is already enough to destroy battleship but it takes lil longer. Removing Cerberus turrets from Cruisers and Battleships will make battles longer. also if a battleship uncloaks on another battleship or cruiser, it can destroy that poor BS in 20 second with only cerberus turrets.

(08-09-2015, 12:21 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]Cerbs seriously should be changed or whatever, its rather boring to see every capital having cerb turrets 8|
+1000145892350923095235

#removecerbs
They don't have to be removed, more like reworked so there's point in using other heavy turrets that aren't cerbs.
This thread again?
It's fine the way it is. At the least, rather than removing cerbs we need to buff cap mortars and cap missiles to make them worthwhile. Razors, especially battleship ones, are fine so they don't need to be touched. To be honest a single cruiser missile isn't so useful but two or three can be very potent. I'd say mortars are kind of pointless compared to everything else, or are what people use because they can't dodge battleships at closer ranges.

Removing cerbs will just take away useful guns and dump people with useless (or less useful) heavies instead and will also needlessly make cap fights boringly longer.

Also no option for saying that we don't want either proposal?
removing cerbs is a stupid idea, theyre the main damage dealers against larger caps/or similar caps, so tbh House cerbs would be better!
I understand removal or reworking the Battleship Cerbs.
But Cruisers are really crippled without them, given that they virtually do no damage to heavier ships with their primaries. And mortar spam isn't as effective as it used to be...
(08-09-2015, 03:24 PM)SwagBunny Wrote: [ -> ]I understand removal or reworking the Battleship Cerbs.
But Cruisers are really crippled without them, given that they virtually do no damage to heavier ships with their primaries. And mortar spam isn't as effective as it used to be...

They're only crippled if you believe they're an only anti battleship. Destroyers and Cruisers should really be there to deal with the gunboat threat and normal, non cerb, guns would do that well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6