Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Battle Rules Proposal | My Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there is definitely people on the server that would like to do some PVPing and see some destruction. As I have seen it from both sides, it can be fun raiding/pvping but it is definitely not fun to get your hard work taken away or blown up. There are things ofc that you build that you grow attached to and have worked hard on. As we all know too, the safe zones protect most greifing except for lava towers (that burnt my first house down).

So in the spirit of things, I'd like the propose a way of PVPing that will benefit the builder as well as the PvPer. Both aspects are part of the game so this would be a neat idea if we started doing it, in my opinion of coarse.

To cut it short: the name of the game is capture the flag.

Rules:

1) Faction PVP will be in no-mans-land.
2) 2+ faction groups will find themselves spread-out for a distance they choose to a maximum distance of as far as they can shoot an arrow.
3) A minimum allowance of 5 mins to a max allowance of 1 hour will be allowed to build up your fortifications. After the time limit you are not allowed to add more things for defense.
4) You must all agree on placing a valuable block as your faction's flag. This may be a beacon, a diamond block, or a skull. Something that stands out and is valuable in the game. The flag will not be covered in blocks from the top and must have no blocks surrounding a 5 block radius.
5) You can come back if you die. Fighting will go on until the flag is taken and is placed next to the faction's own flag. This will end the battle.

Lets get into the details:

1) Faction PVP will be in no-mans-land.

This is so that there wont be battles in protected areas. The protected areas of the faction should be treated as "capitol cities" where no PvP/Raids will be permitted.
This reduces the Q.Q and you wont care about anything blown up or lava-ed, etc. Plus no one really cares about no-mans-land.
Just pick a spot for the facitons to meet and fight.

2) 2+ faction groups will find themselves spread-out for a distance they choose to a maximum distance of as far as they can shoot an arrow.

When you pick and go to the location, the distance of your starting position where you place your flag should be about the distance you can shoot an arrow the farthest. It can be a bit farther but not over-kill. This is to make positioning for battle easier.

3) A minimum allowance of 5 mins to a max allowance of 30 mins will be allowed to build up your fortifications. After the time limit you are not allowed to add more things for defense.

This is the part where building in this game will shine. It can make the difference of a win, loss for the battle of how well you secure your area and yourself, since you will have arrows rain down on you and so-forth. This can result in much more interesting PvP when an "engineer" of your group for example is building up fortifications.
I have made the time a max of 30 mins because more than that will make the place harder to attack and conquer. Build fast and quick.

4) You must all agree on placing a valuable block as your faction's flag. This may be a beacon, a diamond block, or a skull. Something that stands out and is valuable in the game.
The flag will not be covered in blocks from the top and must have no blocks surrounding a 5 block radius.

I am leaning towards beacons because they can shoot up light so that it would be easy to locate the flag. What I do not want is to cover the "flag" in obsidian and make it impossible to win. Or to hide the flag in lava or something like that. The placement should be fair on both sides and fairly easy to locate.
If it is really hard to get a beacon then use something else. The idea is to get a valuable reward in the end as "battle trophies" that you can place in display in your capitol city. Beacons work best and will make it so that you will think twice before going to war.

5) You can come back if you die. Fighting will go on until the flag is taken and is placed next to the faction's own flag. This will end the battle.

You will need to /set home so that you can come back and fight again. This is self explanatory.

Note: So yeah you can use any pvp you want. TNT cannons included if you know how to build them. You can use any blocks you want to defend. have fun!
Comments?