Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people of Discovery! I just thought I might go ahead and introduce myself.

I used to play this game so much when I was younger. Loved every second of it. Recently, I was searching through my boxes and I found the old game cover with the disc and such, decided sure I'll play it. I ended up finding the Disco mod through a Youtuber who played on the server at one point in time. So yeah, I downloaded it and here I am, ready for some beautiful RP. I've read the rules, and I like how the certain rules in place. I'm making money atm, but I don't even know what faction to pursue after I make enough. If anyone wants a pilot and such, I'd love to join.

Can't wait to get stuck into the rp! Big Grin
Hello and welcome back.

I am sure, with your enthusiasm, any faction will take you in very happily as long as you also remain to be a kind person.

So, disco is yours. Have fun. ^_^
Hi.
Welcome, soon the process will be completed and you will be binded by chains to this mod. (x
Hope you have fun, see you in space.
hello and welcome.

Choose your faction after some thought. Some are very role play oriented, while others are more PvP and action oriented.
Whatever you prefer.
You can also be a member of more factions.
have fun in sirius.
Hello and welcome to the mad house, we're excited to see newcomers all the time and are eager to RP (PvP) with you, have fun and see you in space.
Welcome back.
Welcome back to the insanity that is the Freelancer Universe.

Just remember the Donau was a conspiracy theory, and everything should be okay.
Did not even read what Dunc- just wrote, but don't listen to him. And welcome to disco.
Join the LPI, We have donuts

And welcome back.
Ah, Mr Ford? Ah yes its you. Walk this way please....

I'm Mark_Brown (Better known as Bellck) the leader of the Gas Miners Guild, part of the Freelance role which where you start is a start of a new exciting adventure, there's lots of opportunities and factions within Discovery.
These characters fly single-seater ships, exploring the planets and space stations of 48 (And Disco Added) known star systems. They also engage in dogfights with other pilots (player- and computer-controlled) to protect traders or engage in piracy themselves. Other player activities include bounty-hunting and commodity trading.

Us, the Gas Miners (Up in Sigma and Okinawa) - Past Honshu, are miners, we mine goods from astoriods in space and sell them on local stations to be then sold to factions who do commodity trading, or we simply haul it ourselves.

The reason i'm telling you all this, I think the GMG can be your first starter point in Discovery, as making money with us, doesn't come much easier. We can also give you a starter loan (providing you pay it back with using GMG characters then we'll happily grant you a few nice ships to get you on your trip, once you've finished with us, simply let us know and leave the faction and move on to your next. All you have to do, is sign up here > http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=132389

Part and parcel of this is welcoming new people to this community, not for the better of the GMG but if we can help new ones move on to different parts of the game i.e, become a police officer or a pirate then so be it. We'll happily help you out from start to finish and give you the insites and rules of the game. I personally have been here no less than 6 years, so lets face it. I know what I'm talking about here... Its your call though.

Either way, welcome to the community, see you in space!

Bellck