Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mortar/Missile Buff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Everybody using Cerberus loadout, because Cerberus is the most effective weapon but Mortar and Missiles are not effective

In Fleet Battle scenario, You see green projectile spam. Its very rare to see Mortar and Missiles in the fleet battle.

Discovery Wiki: Cruisers are long-range bombardment ships. Their heavy artillery is quite capable of damaging Carriers and Battleships from afar and anything smaller caught in the crossfire will be eviscerated almost instantly.

Discovery Wiki: Battleships are the floating fortresses of space. They are machines of destruction, capable of tearing apart all ships in range, glassing entire planets, but unable to defend from long ranged strikes of bombers and cruisers.

It is impossible to destroy battleship with mortars because Battleship can dodge that or even you get hit by light mortar, you can recharge your shields before you take another mortar hit.

Mortars/Forward Cannons

Missiles

Forward cannons eat more energy because they do more damage also their projectile speed is very high.
Maybe this BUFF can lower usage of Cerberus Turrets

Numbers can be high
Don't quote the wiki on such things. Cerberuses are op, the devs are aware of it, and the other heavy turrets will get buffed in the next update. Just be patient.
(08-14-2015, 06:58 PM)Antonio- Wrote: [ -> ]Don't quote the wiki on such things. Cerberuses are op, the devs are aware of it, and the other heavy turrets will get buffed in the next update. Just be patient.

How do you know that?
Because it's most likely true. Whatever the community thinks, devs are listening to us and as everyone knows patch will hit Discovery in the future. And patch = updates, buffs, nerfs
Just be patient, as Antonio- has said. There is no point to direct fix everything, everyone is just a human and every change needs time to proceed.

Cheers
Epo
(08-14-2015, 07:34 PM)OCV-(M)E(ow)pona Wrote: [ -> ]Because it's most likely true. Whatever the community thinks, devs are listening to us and as everyone knows patch will hit Discovery in the future. And patch = updates, buffs, nerfs
Just be patient, as Antonio- has said. There is no point to direct fix everything, everyone is just a human and every change needs time to proceed.

Cheers
Epo

there arent any sign from devs, I am not sure about that but we will see

Just tell me what you guys thinkin about this buff like
Any ideas?
Could you stop posting this unnecessary stuff like "admin will fix" and other bullcrap? the guy asks if we should buff mortars and/or missiles, don't come and just bash on his suggestions with such a simple shutdown, discuss the topic.

I, personally, would make Mortars and Missiles more deadly against caps, but try to not give them too much range(for missiles, not mortars) and/or speed, because then people will use Missiles/Mortars instead of cerbs.

And the current status of cap battles is basically having a weapon group of Cerbs and Primaries and just shooting the hull of the enemy target till he dies while dodging.
Mortars should be buffed to the point were they can Insta cau8 crusiers plz. [:
(08-14-2015, 08:37 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]Could you stop posting this unnecessary stuff like "admin will fix" and other bullcrap? the guy asks if we should buff mortars and/or missiles, don't come and just bash on his suggestions with such a simple shutdown, discuss the topic.

I, personally, would make Mortars and Missiles more deadly against caps, but try to not give them too much range(for missiles, not mortars) and/or speed, because then people will use Missiles/Mortars instead of cerbs.

And the current status of cap battles is basically having a weapon group of Cerbs and Primaries and just shooting the hull of the enemy target till he dies while dodging.

Lol you clearly haven't flown a light bs.

Heavy mortars are used even in duels.
Cerberuses should always have the highest dps, because if they don't we can delete them altogether. However, the dps and "consistency" of hitting an enemy cap is too big. I'd suggest tuning down the projectile speed or spread before any large dps nerfs.

On the other hand, I'd like to see someone start using Razors on Battleships. They used to be quite popular but ever since they got nerfed (or cerberuses are so strong, rather) nobody even bothers.

Missiles? Buff the ammo by double and make them non-cdable. Problem solved.
Mortars are high risk - high reward. Hit and win, miss and lose 250 - 500k damage. That's why cerberuses are superior, but if they get tuned down mortars will be fine.
(08-15-2015, 09:53 AM)Antonio- Wrote: [ -> ]Cerberuses should always have the highest dps, because if they don't we can delete them altogether. However, the dps and "consistency" of hitting an enemy cap is too big. I'd suggest tuning down the projectile speed.

On the other hand, I'd like to see someone start using Razors on Battleships. They used to be quite popular but ever since they got nerfed (or cerberuses are so strong, rather) nobody even bothers.

Missiles? Buff the ammo by double and make them non-cdable. Problem solved.
Mortars are high risk - high reward. Hit and win, miss and lose 250 - 500k damage. That's why cerberuses are superior, but if they get tuned down mortars will be fine.

Cerberus needs serious nerf maybe range or add spread

Cerberus hits directly where you aim but if you add spread you cant hit same location everytime

Missiles needs huge buff about damage
I mean battleship and cruiser missiles are very big and deals very low damage
Pages: 1 2 3