Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Making 'Allowance'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Up till this point 'allowance', shall we call it has been made for several oorp things on the grounds that they were 'work -arounds' for a flawed system. As some of them are now 'do-able' the 'allowance' should be rescinded. Two spring immediately to mind and I will start the ball rolling with them. But I would like everyone to bring up anything else that comes into this category. I've picked these because they seem reasonably universal.

1/ F1 in space should end, as there are cloaking devices to enable this kind of exit. No buts, if someone wants to lurk till next time, forget it. It does nothing but make everyone there pawn. End it .

2/ Allowing hostile parties to use jump gates (lane hackers only excepted). There are jump drives (as I'm sure I've said before). Yet again someone is being given an un-natural and undeserved advantage.

Oh dear heres number 3

3/ As fuel to run things Has been introduced. It should be applied in balance. If base shields need it to run, then so should ships (and for that mater power the weapons and engines of both too, to be in balance oc). Fuel consumption is woefully absent from the Sirius economy and politics in any real terms.

discus
No.
Sorry I'm a conservative guy.
An absolute NO to me for point 3. Don't fix something that is not broken.
(08-15-2015, 04:03 AM)Snozzz Wrote: [ -> ]1/ F1 in space should end, as there are cloaking devices to enable this kind of exit. No buts, if someone wants to lurk till next time, forget it. It does nothing but make everyone there pawn. End it .

So you want to get rid of the no F1'ing rule? NOPE. bad idea

(08-15-2015, 04:03 AM)Snozzz Wrote: [ -> ]2/ Allowing hostile parties to use jump gates (lane hackers only excepted). There are jump drives (as I'm sure I've said before). Yet again someone is being given an un-natural and undeserved advantage.

You wut? Jump drives arent how you seem to think they are. aside from that, how is going through something that shoots at you an unnatural and undeserved advantage?

(08-15-2015, 04:03 AM)Snozzz Wrote: [ -> ]3/ As fuel to run things Has been introduced. It should be applied in balance. If base shields need it to run, then so should ships (and for that mater power the weapons and engines of both too, to be in balance oc). Fuel consumption is woefully absent from the Sirius economy and politics in any real terms.

Especially nope. this isnt 'super duper freelancer reality ultra simulator'. Plus balancing ships against bases? how in the name of norway did you come up with that idea?
You can't fly a POB, so you shouldn't be using POB as your balance measuring sticks.
About the F1 thing, F1ing in space is okay, but after a certain time has passed (1 day?) you should respawn back on the last base you undocked from.
(08-15-2015, 04:03 AM)Snozzz Wrote: [ -> ]1/ F1 in space should end, as there are cloaking devices to enable this kind of exit. No buts, if someone wants to lurk till next time, forget it. It does nothing but make everyone there pawn. End it .

If you mean that F1ing out during interaction should be allowed, then no. I'm having trouble understanding you if that is not what you mean.

PvP and piracy will become impossible and senseless, the RP immersion will be destroyed.

If you mean that ships should just explode if you F1 in space, I think that would be ok. Maybe exempt carrier from this, to give them some use.

(08-15-2015, 04:03 AM)Snozzz Wrote: [ -> ]2/ Allowing hostile parties to use jump gates (lane hackers only excepted). There are jump drives (as I'm sure I've said before). Yet again someone is being given an un-natural and undeserved advantage.

Although I would agree from a realism and immersion standpoint, this will make it extremely hard for pirates because traders will get away at every gate. If more jump holes are added, and lawful get a similar disadvantage at jump holes, then maybe.

Maybe jumpgates should be disruptable by pirates, with CDs or other special equipment, so traders cant escape through them.

(08-15-2015, 04:03 AM)Snozzz Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear heres number 3

3/ As fuel to run things Has been introduced. It should be applied in balance. If base shields need it to run, then so should ships (and for that mater power the weapons and engines of both too, to be in balance oc). Fuel consumption is woefully absent from the Sirius economy and politics in any real terms.

discus

I think it would be a lot of work to implement it, and a lot of work and micromanagement for people to get their shield running, with little to no gain, probably everyone will hated, because it upsets the current balance of PvP.

I do agree that there should be money sinks for flying capitol ships. Maybe this should be applied to capitol ships, same for the guns/powercore. No more fuel=10% power core for capitol ships. If you don't want to burn fuel you can turn your shield and guns on and off. That would be really cool. Tongue

This needs to end. It is abused far too often. The only way this makes sense inRP is if there's a cloaking device to hide the ship. If ships were just floating around they would be looted/captured/destroyed.

If tradelanes can tell the difference between friendlies and unlawfuls it makes perfect sense that gates would also. If there shooting at you it makes little sense you would be allowed to jump

This makes perfect sense and I believe would help limit the amount of capital ships on the server
  1. Removing the F1 rule will encourage heavy transports to disconnect in space when faced with an enemy whom they know cannot possibly destroy their ship before they disappear. The same applies to an armoured capital ship if it's under attack by anything other than another capital ship. Making ships explode if they disconnect will punish players whom lose their connection and also players whom are far from a base where they may dock.

2. Not allowing people to use jump gates if they're hostile could prevent incursions, scouting and smuggling. This will undoubtedly break many aspects of the game. At the very least it would require the developers to look at the entire jump gate and hole network in order to ensure that players can sufficiently navigate around their zone-of-influence.

3. The manner in which shields work is fundamental to the game. It is over 10 years old and many players might find it extremely difficult to adjust to such a drastic change. This could, however, be suitable for capital ships.
(08-15-2015, 10:33 PM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]This needs to end. It is abused far too often. The only way this makes sense inRP is if there's a cloaking device to hide the ship. If ships were just floating around they would be looted/captured/destroyed.

Even then, by F1'ing you are essentially saying that the cloaking batteries don't matter as someone can be F1'ed indefinitely. It's going to be hard to distinguish honest DC's from bailout F1's, though.

Also this. You rep sheet doesn't matter much if the Navy jumpgates and tradelanes read you and go "Yep, sure go ahead". The unlawfuls have jumpholes for this reason. Fix this too please.

Already represented by shield batteries ingame. Don't get too overzealous.
Pages: 1 2