Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are hundreds of factions in this game that have there own custom signature and logo, these player factions need them.

I was wondering if someone can show me how to make one or make one for me (preferably the first one)
Mostly they'll be .png or .gif files, made using Photoshop or a similar digital art program.

If you don't have any, GIMP is a good open source image editor which can be downloaded from here.

There's loads of good tutorials out there on the web to help you get started if you just google around a bit, and you'll probably get an answer if you post any specific questions on the forums here (assuming someone here knows the answer Smile )
Pretty mcuh i want to design a logo for a new faction for a friend. A DSE appellate.
It's not that simple sadly.
While I cannot give you the full details on 'how' to make them, Freelancer uses a very, VERY sketchy icon type with the extension of .3db - One which isn't very easy to make properly.

Perhaps resources around theStarport may help you on that one.

Click me for a thread which may or may not help

Creating the icon itself can be done through any image editing software. GIMP, Photoshop, etc.
Converting it so it actually can be used ingame, now that's another story..
Thanks King Boo.
Ah, I thought we were simply talking forum avatars/signatures/etc here, sorry Tongue
i thought it was for banners etc also
so if you want have a look, http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=119645

is that the kind of things you mean?
It was both.

EDIT: Your stuff is amazing and perfect, teach me your ways.