Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question to SCRA about New London engagement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heyhey!

SCRA today brought 3 Cruisers to New Lodon to shoot Corsairs right at Planet New London in defense of a PoB.

Can you explain to someone who does not know Coalition ID and gameplay for real, how that makes sense?
I always thought you guys are red with Houses.
And you defended a Bretonian installation that is like 1k from their New London docking ring.
And it looked as if you were allies with the Bretonian defenders.

I am not complaining, and neither are the Sairs, but we discussed it briefly and many found it a little weird.
In game, we even discussed on which side you would likely be, and were surprised when suddenly the cruisers opened up.

I would like to understand it.

Thank you for the explanation in advance!

Jack
While I was not there I can provide a possible explanation on the matter.

Awhile ago it was decided if we went into a fight where both are enemies of our own faction we would not shoot the faction with less ships, if the Bretonians were outnumbered then it is likely that they decided not to make a bad situation worse for them and simply attacked the 'stronger side' in the spirit of 'fair play'. Though I would've preferred it if they used Bombers. -_-

This policy was brought in during the Gallia/Bretonian fights and has been in place for quite some time now. I hope this helps you out Jack and assorted peoples and remember this does not mean we are allied, merely taking care of the bigger threat that would otherwise completely crush us after the fight is over. Still hate yer guts filthy Imperialistic dogs. Tongue
Funnily enough, I was about to lead a charge on the SCRA dudes because I'd just seen them shooting up a battleship patrol. Things got interrupted when the main Corsair force turned up. If you guys had been a few minutes later, you'd probably have arrived to a fight instead of starting one. Tongue

Oh so you folks were all there that night hm? I must have got there at the end of it all.
To add one thing to Corsair and BAF fights. One time ago when Corsairs invaded Cambrige and BAF went to kill them, me and my SCRA friend went to shoot stuff. When we arrived we seen BAF having more numbers and slowly killing Corsairs. We decided to shoot at BAF to ballance out fight, but it turned wild on us when three indie Mollys engaged at us for "You filthy commies help Corsairs! Dai for this!" killed my friend's GB and forced me to cloak away and run.
I personally dont take this as something importand, just some indies went lolwut, nothing unusual, but my friend now demands to shoot at Corsairs top target if there can be ally nearby who can say that we helped Sairs in fight and spread hate on us for it. And this friend was in charge of today's raid as well. I told him not to pay attention to some silly indies move but he dont listen.

Dont take this time shootings as "Defending BAF". SCRA shoots at half of Sirius, so we simply cant shoot at someone without helping other party during this fight even if we hate them as well, now can we? Big Grin
Ok so I have no idea if I can type here since this isnt in the official SCRA feedback thread soooo if I cant pls delete this and forgive me for interfering.

We had no intentions of defending the base, we were going to let both sides soften themselves up before the engagement; however due to the number of caps on the sair side we figured engaging them at the beginning was our best bet. Since it looked like the BAF was about to be steamrolled.

We figured wed last longer in Crusiers than snubs since there were A LOT of bombers on both sides as well as caps.

Again if this post is bad pls delete but i hope i could clarify.
I understand the "okay, you are all enemies, so who do we shoot first?" point.

Still, I do not think that Planet New London should be where this takes place.
Also bringing like your complete cap fleet to -this- place, at exactly -that time- when you know that there would be a POB siege (it was all over the forums/Skype). I mean... it yells "defending base", sorry. It just does. Smile

So, your argument still does not convince me entirely, to be honest.

I see your point, though.
And it would make sense in many many places - most places actually.
But not 500 m from the New London Planet docking ring in defense of a House Corporate base that is being defended by your enemies.

Anyway, was fun pews and a surprising turn there. Smile

Jack

P.S. These Cruisers could do with a hull buff, I think. CAU8 and still felt rather weak against bombers.
Capital Fleet? The SCRA alone has them 2 SRP Osiris at least, I don't see how 3 Cruisers are the full Force.

Secondly yea as they stated, the thing was we had trouble in the past with Mollies. When we engaged BAF infront of mollys while Corsairs raided BAF, mollys got all mad and we realy had issues with them. So we did not want to make the same mistake and thought next time we'd just kill Sairs first and THEN Bretonia Armed Forces.

But yea as JayDee said, it's not defending any side, Coalition has always been a 3rd parti in every fights. They just engage as in oppurtuniy whise all targets, there isn't assisting this defending this unless it's an ally like Hessians or Mollies.
(08-19-2015, 01:02 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I understand the "okay, you are all enemies, so who do we shoot first?" point.

Also bringing like your complete cap fleet to -this- place, at exactly -that time- when you know that there would be a POB siege (it was all over the forums/Skype). I mean... it yells "defending base", sorry. It just does. Smile

I see your point, though.
And it would make sense in many many places - most places actually.
But not 500 m from the New London Planet docking ring in defense of a House Corporate base that is being defended by your enemies.

Anyway, was fun pews and a surprising turn there. Smile

Jack

P.S. These Cruisers could do with a hull buff, I think. CAU8 and still felt rather weak against bombers.

Ok so since i can post here.

I guess all i can say is i dont support them, your right, I do look like the devils advocate in this situation.

BUT I WASNT DEFENDING PLS DONT MAKE ME FEEL BAD Q_Q

Yes pls buff typhoon!

I was still able to razor kill 3 of the bombers [:
(08-19-2015, 01:02 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I understand the "okay, you are all enemies, so who do we shoot first?" point.

Sounds like metagaming to me Jack? Perish the very thought. and with the SCRA? My heart be still...
Pages: 1 2