Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Itzek-Fernando Armando, The Crimson Cross
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Cardinal Armando,

Interestingly, I believe I haven't yet a pleasure to speak with you outside of The Treaty quorum. With the unfortunate dissolution of the Ghosts of Razgriz -nota bene our main Outcast partner for years - and the evacuation of our facility on Corsica Outer Sanctum, we are yet to get to know each other better and improve mutual understanding of each other's needs and expectations. I believe that there is nothing better to break the initial ice than a fresh portion of a highly classified intelligence.

We came into possession of coordinates to a hidden system in the Independent Worlds used as a hideout and base of operations by The Council forces operating in Sirius sector. We came into possession of this knowledge at significant cost in resources and considerable risk. However, we wish to offer you this intelligence for a symbolic sum of 50 000 000 SC and a small favor Mr Yoshida will explain by himself.

Please inform us whether you are interested.

With respect,
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
[Image: QfIqVJR.png]

[+]=======

To: Professore Nicole Hunter
Subject: Your offer

There has been little seen of the Ghosts I'm afraid. Occasionally we'll spot a vessel approaching Bastia, seemingly from Corsica but they'll typically vanish from radar soon after. A shame, truly; we were safer with them than without, in many more avenues than I believe even you are aware of.

To the point however, I do regret our lack of any immediate contact. The reconstruction of the Flotta Cremisi has been the priority project of the Holy Order's Council, and has occupied much of our time. I do believe one of my Inquisition initiates had meant to contact you for one reason or another but I cannot be sure. We shall have to fix this little problem soon, I'm sure we could be of benefit to each-other.

Regardless: such information as to the enemies of the Orange Dream and the Nacion is welcome news, but in my years I've learned not to immediately trust such information outright. You'll forgive my hesitation but I've been burned before, and have no intention of sending any of my people into harms way without the whole story. I'd like to know a little bit more on the subject before I commit to anything, such as specifics as to how you acquired it, the estimated strength and composition of such forces, and what we can expect in this "hideout".

Further, I'd like to know of this "favor" your man has to ask of us; I trust we'll be fully briefed as to the matter at hand so I implore you: do not delay.

And above all: smile, and rejoice. If all goes well and the Spirits guide us well enough, another enemy of the Orange Dream will soon be crushed like the petulant insects that they are.

[Image: wuHqwHC.png]
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

High Cardinal Armando,

I bid you good day from the Lane Hackers. As you may well know Ms Hunter has retired from public because of her participation in an extremely difficult and important project. When she did send you this transmission, she wanted to settle all outstanding business before her departure. However her message was sent too prematurely.

One of the things that changed since the Professor's tranmission is that the Ghosts of Razgriz have returned; albeit with some familiar faces in its leadership, different agenda and a new set of their own laws. While we are not particularly fond of this internal strife of power and the bureaucracy that it creates, we have complete faith that the Cardinals of Cross will make sure cardamine trade is not hampered in any way.

As for the main subject of this communication, I would like to offer you critical information as demanded by 2.1 paragraph of the Orange Treaty. That is a detailed report of the homeworld of the Council, a system hidden deep inside the Tau sector and in fact one of the jump holes leading there is very close to one of your bases. Considering the strategic value of the Taus for the entire Maltese nation and the potential gains, I believe you realize the importance of the information that myself and a few other operatives uncovered.

Despite the original value of this intel, as Professor Hunter indicated, we would like to offer it to the Crimson Cross as a gesture of appreciation, friendship and cooperation that we share with our allies. Our requests in return are of symbolic nature since they are not equal to what we are offering.
1. A symbolic sum of 50 000 000 SC.
2. The location and travel routes that Isabelle Engler, also goes by the pompous title of "Witch of Malta", is usually taking within Outcast territory. We also ask of discretion should something bad happen to this individual.
3. The destruction of a Council ship or modular base inside the hidden homeworld. While this happens your vessel should inform them that "the Lane Hackers send their regards".

I am eagerly waiting for your responce, High Cardinal.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

[+]=======

To: Provocateur Goro Yoshida

Signore Yoshida,

I must apologize, for I am usually far better about being timely with my correspondence than this- perhaps it is the final stages of my twilight years that has allowed your communique to slip past my cursory glimpse back into reality-- rest assured however, this is not a sign of disinterest in your newly revised offer; quite the opposite, actually.

To speak directly: we have little interest in the affairs of these new "Ghosts" shame as they are to the name they bear. They're allowed to make all the smug pronouncements they like; it will not waver my people nor will it hamper any of our operations in relation to the Orange Dream. From a perspective such as yours, I can understand how the events surrounding their "return" might seem a struggle, but know this well: it is little more than a footnote to us. We will persevere through their shameful display and ensure a future for all who stand beside Malta and the Orange.

Onto more pleasant matters: I'll admit, I was a little disappointed when I didn't hear back from the Professor regarding the information promised. To be privy to such information would do wonders for the political scope of the Taus in the coming years.

That being said, I must question something: what significance is this signora Engler to the Lane Hackers that specifics as to their whereabouts would be seen as valid partial compensation for such an arrangement? Make no mistake: there is more than enough interest to warrant serious consideration for your proposition, but there is much to the effect of pure curiosity in the Quorum Chambers regarding that specific detail.

Finally, as for your third point: I take it this particular bullet-point is meant to spite someone in higher-power within the Council specifically? If this is indeed the case, consider it done. We need little more than the information itself and will be more than glad to deliver unto the Council the reprimand of those many times their greater, and those in close collusion with the Nazione.

Deliver unto me these simple answers and in return, you will have your answer. May great fortune find you, brother of Mactan.

...uploading.data...

High Cardinal Armando, thank you for your positive reply. I shall answer your questions in full.

The payment destination is an anonymous off-House bank account, its name is LH~Cochrane.Exchanger. Regarding Ms Engler, she has been personally involved and directed a large network of infiltrators in Liberty on behalf of an organization which I am not allowed to reveal, an organization considered as an enemy by the Lane Hackers. Her apprehension will undermine the entire network.

As for the Council, an official representative of their organization invited us to their homeworld. He was respectful and wanted a positive relationship with us. We followed the instructions and found the hidden gateway to that system. Inside there we found another official transport captain who exchanged a few welcoming words and provided us with more intel. And this is when those Gallic scums betrayed us as soon as we lowered our guard. Deceiver Weisen was alone outside their settled planet in his transport, when their General along with another ship intercepted him and eventually attacked him. My colleague managed to escape but this sissy act of the Council is something which we dearly want to repay in kind.

Their General was clearly concerned about the intel we had gathered, so when your warships enter their system and plunder its unspoiled riches, they need to know how you found out, how these scoundrels deserved all of this. We are ready to send you this classified report as soon as we have an agreement, High Cardinal.

[+]=======

To: Provocateur Goro Yoshida

I resent the use of the word "plunder" truth be told; such a phrase tends to inspire images of a uncivilized entity descending down upon a more refined one to take that which is not theirs. Such an image is not applicable for a Light-blessed chapter of warriors ridding the universe of these lowly, pathetic, dishonorable weaklings that would invite one in as an associate and then turn on them mere moments later as a means of betrayal. "Retribution and Liberation" I do believe would be a better turn of prose, don't you think?

The Church of Tarxien would be happy to descend upon them and perform such a righteous act in the name of an ally of such caliber as the Hackers are to Malta. However, a number of tasks need be performed and numerous individuals contacted prior; I would rather not allow a one-sided arrangement to become a stain upon our continued cooperation.

To be frank: we will need some time to assemble the information you requested on such an individual, and shall not be ready to present the rest of that which you request until such a time as said information is prepared, so as to have all that is asked for together and in-full.

...uploading.data...

High Cardinal Armando, I think we are both correct.

Since we are taking possessions by force that it is by definition, plundering. However considering that the Council higher-ups disillusioned Gallic workers with their neoliberalist agenda and illegally profited by their work for centuries, then those possessions are not rightfully theirs, so "retribution" and "liberation" are equally correct definitions.

Since we have an agreement High Cardinal, I trust the Crimson Cross will deliver the small things we asked for in a timely manner. On our part, the report on the Council's homeworld is already available, so I am going to attach it on this message. I am sure you will be pleased with our efficiency.