Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.88.1 Module 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Gallia Update

This is the first of several in a series of modular updates, which are aimed at fixing storyline stagnation and system bloat. Gallia, which was a fair bit too large, has been reduced to roughly 3/5 its former size. Its factions have all been progressed and many have (or will have) interesting new opportunities to discover.

System Changes
Anjou, Artois, Berry, Corse, Franche-Comte, Lewis, Savoie, and Tau-39 have been removed via retcon. Their base entries have been moved, reused, or recycled in various locations. Maine was also removed, but not by retcon. Instead, one of the stars began displaying signs of going supernova, so the system was evacuated and the gate in Picardy sealed.

The Languedoc-Dauphine jump hole connection was removed in an attempt to create more of a bottleneck at the jump gate. Tau-44 and Provence were linked via jump hole, which will serve as an alternative smuggling route and possibly an avenue for the Council to strike Gallia from the Taus.

Lyonnais joins Lorraine as part of Gallia that was split off when the Council took full control of Champagne. The two systems are well-defended by the local GRN fleets, but lawful traders have to take risks to travel to the core of Gallia.

Battleship Carcasonne of the Royal Navy is now stationed in the Magellan system, guarding the Leeds jump hole.

Faction Changes
As there were too many faction options for players, it caused to thin of a spread across them all. Two factions were therefore written off (not retconned), as they were the factions with the smallest member base.

Solar Engineering was forcibly merged by the Gallic Crown; its technology and manufacturing side went into EFL Oil and Machinery as a subsidiary, whereas Solar's own former subsidiary of Bouvet Space Entertainment was sold to IDF Shipping. EFL Oil and Machinery's ID has received the Solar Engineering ID's old clause that allows them to target Ageira and Unione Corse.

The Gallic Junkers, having long earned the ire of the Council, Maquis, and Unione Corse, were attacked by the forces of all three (but primarily the Maquis). They were forced to abandon some bases and sell others, but ultimately, the faction disbanded. Rumor has it that the Brigands are looking to take up the Gallic Junkers' old ties with the Outcasts and Cardamine, but that might put them at odds with the Council and Corse.

Battleship Oblique and most of its battlegroup have defected to the Council! They're now working a joint operation with the Crayter Republic to secure the system while the main fleets of the GRN are attacking Bretonia and Liberty.

Base Changes
Many bases from the removed systems were kept, either spread across Gallia or redistributed elsewhere throughout Sirius. Where, precisely? That's for you to discover. Also, many of the Space Colonies and Residences that were not GRP IFF have been changed to that. The Dev Team is aware that base bloat might be an issue in some locations, and we plan to look into that for the next series of updates.

Thanks
-- development oversight, system modifications
-- system modifications
-- development planning, development coordination, wrote 3 infocards
-- key input regarding changes, wrote 5 infocards
-- additional input regarding changes
-- additional input regarding changes, wrote 1 infocard
-- minor input regarding changes
-- minor input regarding changes, wrote 1 infocard
-- minor input regarding changes, wrote 3 infocards
-- wrote 16 infocards
-- wrote 6 infocards
-- wrote 4 infocards

Hellfire Legion "Judicator" Battlecruiser

[Image: CfNGkJXl.jpg]

Armed with 6 Standard Cruiser Turrets, 4 Heavy Cruiser Turrets, 2 Standard Battleship Turrets and 1 Light Battleship Turret, this new design from the Hellfire Legion is bound to cause trouble to the Scyllas in the neighborhood. As written in the Kitty Update, Hellfire indies will be able to fly this vessel in their ZOI.

Various modifications

- Repair guns are nearing completion, they will be made available for purchase later this month.
- Lots of economy modifications, ask Xoria about it.
- Yaren now belongs to The Core. Equipment for sale has been adjusted accordingly.
- Dabadoru now belongs to The Order. Equipment for sale has been adjusted accordingly.
- Connecticut's minefield has been moved further away to the edge of the system.
- Wraith's turret hardpoint has been moved to the front of the ship. Done by
- Fixed several projectile effects mismatchs. Done by
- Omicron Zeta is now about 33% smaller.
- Replaced the Havoc model with the new model from .
- "Experimental" AI Drone rebalance. I have no idea what it is so ask .
- Lhotse, Insurgent, Sunrider, Manta and Sutinga have been rebalanced. Ask .
- Starkiller Torpedo health reduced.
- Battleship Glaive has been rebalanced.
- Some cool FLHook stuff for events.
Woah. thats a lot of interesting changes and progress.

HF BC looks epic.

Kudos to and the rest of the people who worked on the update. Cant wait for the Ku Civil War update now.

anticipation intensifies
The commodity dealers for dab and yaren were swapped too right? meaning the economy changes Core asked for will actually end up on Yaren instead?
(08-19-2015, 07:44 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The commodity dealers for dab and yaren were swapped too right? meaning the economy changes Core asked for will actually end up on Yaren instead?

That's up to Xoria. All I did was swap the iff, equipment, characters and missions to match the new owning faction.
What about the jumphole near dabadoru leading to Omicron Rho? surely it was removed/moved?

Also SNUB CHANGES~~~
Quote:- Starkiller Torpedo health reduced.

Yay, finally!
(08-19-2015, 07:45 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2015, 07:44 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The commodity dealers for dab and yaren were swapped too right? meaning the economy changes Core asked for will actually end up on Yaren instead?

That's up to Xoria. All I did was swap the iff, equipment, characters and missions to match the new owning faction.
Guess I'll have to cross my fingers and hope he did that ;-;
Excuse Me. I have one question. What should I do with my Gallic Junker bomber? Delete now?
(08-19-2015, 07:52 PM)henryk5pio Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse Me. I have one question. What should I do with my Gallic Junker bomber? Delete now?

Just grab a new IFF and ID.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7