Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Teerin's Transparency (Tuesday?) Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Huh, I thought Kappa did count as that sort of Omicron region though? Wasn't there stuff included for it in Yuri's files?

Also on a separate note I've noticed that you guys no longer include the recent changelogs in the readme. Is this intentional or?
Having up-to date readme in the files is vital when posting a mod somewhere to advertise it.
- Variable turret zoom limits per ship class! (Zoom levels still in testing stage, expect changes)

Does testing mean "we're not sure if we're going to keep this feature" or "this is how things are going to be from now on, we're going to be tinkering with the zoom levels"?
(01-07-2016, 01:27 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]- Variable turret zoom limits per ship class! (Zoom levels still in testing stage, expect changes)

Does testing mean "we're not sure if we're going to keep this feature" or "this is how things are going to be from now on, we're going to be tinkering with the zoom levels"?

Probably the latter. Should this prove to be the most horrible thing done to the Discovery Freelancer mod since the introduction of Gallia (hehe what a good joke Haste), it could in theory be undone. I sincerely doubt it, however.

What I would expect is some changes to the current values. It's not very likely we'd get them right in one go.
On break from conducting interviews as we await the appearance of the last few on Skype. We had selected candidates to interview for the positions we needed, and are going through them one by one. Given that minor bug reports are still trickling in from the last update, we haven't gone full speed ahead with 4.88.5 yet.

Anyway, for those of you still expecting a response about your interview, please have patience while we finish the process. For those not interviewed, do know that your applications are much appreciated. Many of them have been marked as "On Hold" for us to review later in case additional developers are needed again. Presently, we only need a handful of trainees, yet a good deal of well-qualified people signed up so decisions haven't been easy.

I've been shown more progress recently on the recovery of old "Nomicron Update" work. There were plenty of horrid bugs, but the diligence of our system modders have seen most of them weeded out. The plan at present is to get that finally together and completed, then get Kusari's update done as well, but I mentioned that already in this thread.

Not much of a status update, but it's what I've got. Maybe next week will be more exciting. Thanks for reading!
Sadly, one of the dev team applicants that was selected as an interview candidate never responded back to us. This caused the process to take much longer than it should have, but I have the final results right here. I'm pleased to announce that five trainees have been added to the structure page. They are , , , , and - please welcome them! We'll be looking to teach them and eventually have them as full on developers. For those of you not selected, we have kept your questionnaires on file and will be interested to hear back from you in case we need more developers again.

We're planning on finishing up the bug reports and hoftixes for 4.88.4 rather soon, then moving along to the next set of update packages. The current aim is to have 4.88.5 out by mid-March, although knowing our luck that could end up in April, but we'll see how that goes.

Since I've not had time to do this the past two weeks, I'm thinking of doing a double-header this Tuesday. It was pointed out to me that the old system cull lists are mostly out of date. If sufficient interest reveals itself, I'll post a simple list of which systems are being removed, reworked, or recycled. Alternate (or future) transparency suggestions are welcome at this point. Supposing that I do make a second post, expect it near to the end of today.
I think a list of the systems being changed, as you mentioned, you would be good, seeing as reducing systems seems to be one of the major focuses at the moment,
Well, writing the new "system cull" post is actually taking up quite some time, as I figure I ought to explain some concepts instead of just throwing a list at you guys. While most guard systems are being removed, there are quite a few that will remain in an altered state (of varying degree) and in addition to that, some excess systems will also be axed. The total number (including Gallia and Rheinland, which are already done) is around two dozen, but at least half are little systems like Savoie.

It's an interesting bunch of change ideas to manage (and also why 4.88 has been split up into regions, since the removed systems bloat the size of the update packages) which total up to well over 168 remaining individual system changes, and are based on decisions made not just by myself, but some predecessors as well and they've all been reviewed/agreed to by the current story planning team (so if your favorite system is targeted, don't only blame me (sun)). Fortunately, I began collecting all the data I could gather, into spreadsheets about a year ago. Anyway, I should have a post ready by next Tuesday.
Soo... Any update on this since it's been about a month?
It's not tuesday foo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9