Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Teerin's Transparency (Tuesday?) Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I think we will see all those modelled ships such as SCRA BS, Corsair light cruiser and CR Dreadnought with next(i mean 88.6 or whatever it gonna be) update? CR Dread is waiting for more than 1 month though. Any chance we can see it with the current update?
(04-29-2016, 06:43 AM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we will see all those modelled ships such as SCRA BS, Corsair light cruiser and CR Dreadnought with next(i mean 88.6 or whatever it gonna be) update? CR Dread is waiting for more than 1 month though. Any chance we can see it with the current update?

if it's not listed there http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33 it won't be considered for implementation. Also remember making a model doesn't guarantee it will make it into the game. It usually will, but there are cases where a model will be denied.
it was a whole Skype communication stuff and approved the model(textures included of course)
(04-24-2016, 03:54 AM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]So yeah, it's definitely in the "or two" realm now, for weeks until the update is ready.

or three
Not a Tuesday, but I wanted to let you all know a few things.

4.88.5 Hotfix 3 is ready to roll, except that there's one thing which is massively bugged. We're trying to find and resolve exactly what's going on with this before the release, because it'll probably crash if you fly past it.

In general news, the development team has gained some new members and a few have departed as well, but on good terms. We're getting ourselves buckled in and organized for 4.89. At the moment, instead of splitting it into half a dozen main releases like 4.88, plans are for an Initial and Final release version, then moving on to 4.90. 4.88 focused on kickstarting lore progression, especially in stagnant areas, plus cutting down on excess systems. 4.89 will work on redesigning some messier systems and taking a stab at potential base bloat issues, in addition to continuing storyline advancement for as many factions as possible.

For those who have asked for a quick lore blurb about what each faction has done in 4.88, I'm currently working on that. At the very latest, it will be posted by the release of 4.88.6 (4.88 Final), but I may have it out sooner. There are seventy factions, and I have other responsibilities here, so it will take time.

I'm also in communication with the Administration Team about setting up some more fun events. I'm aware that things have been painfully slow in this regard for some time now, but I shall forgo any finger pointing. It's better to just work positively towards a conclusion anyway, and there's a fair amount that needs to be done.

Thanks for reading!
Also not a Tuesday ... they're incredibly busy for me these days, as are Thursdays. So much for alliteration.

(06-25-2016, 02:33 AM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]For those who have asked for a quick lore blurb about what each faction has done in 4.88, I'm currently working on that. At the very latest, it will be posted by the release of 4.88.6 (4.88 Final), but I may have it out sooner. There are seventy factions, and I have other responsibilities here, so it will take time.

I'm still working on this. Right now I have a fair bit on my plate, including that, managing hotfixes, reviewing applications, sorting through the latest Mod Development Requests, reviewing those and earlier such requests, and I'm soon to begin solidifying 4.89 planning.

As you may have seen or heard, on top of the 4.88.6 release (infocard editing will haunt my sleep), I've posted some reference materials for the players, worked out some event ideas with the Admins (as mentioned in the previous post), and sorted through the devteam applications.

I will be slow to respond on Skype, though that is still a good way to reach me. Posting suggestions in Mod Dev Requests is generally also a good idea, albeit unfortunately not very fast. I'm busy both in real life and here in Discovery, so it's important that I don't overwork myself. I do still fly in game when time permits, but not on obvious ships like [LN]-Rohj.Teerin because the attention that gets is outrageous.

So, if you wanted a general update (ramble) about what I'm up to, here you go.
Continuing the Friday trend ...

We're about halfway through the interview process. Unfortunately, things have been going much slower than expected, but most of the interviews have gone well so far. I cannot pin a specific time that I expect them all to be done, but I am pushing for their completion.

Also, if there's anything specific about development that any of you would be interested to hear about, post a suggestion here and I might discuss it.
We want the Delta event with the cool changes, the way Spazzy proposed it!
Another Friday. Working on sorting through mod development requests right now. There's a fair amount to catch up on, but it's doable.

I'm also going to be putting some work towards finalizing the planned 4.89 changes so that the systems guys can begin doing stuff.

GAMEPLAY UPDATE - Well, a primary guy for that has been on leave, which is fine ... it's progressing, but I don't have a specific percentage figure that I can give to the Admins, so the tracker is basically going to sit there for a while

Unrelated to development, I changed my profile picture to something different, for once, woo ... it won't last. The lights must return, eventually
Nice avatar.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9