Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wassup, ye pirates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello community, new here.
Played Freelancer back in '04 and later, returning to it on a couple of occasions.
Really looking forward to flying out there. Also looking for a faction, perhaps a good, fun challenge for a beginner in Discovery. Any suggestions?
Hello and welcome to Discovery Freelancer. If you have any questions then feel free to ask them in this forum or to any of the Angels directly.

If you're looking for some factions, feel free to check out the ones that are in my signature.

there is no exit
help
I advice to get to a house corporation. It is a good way to learn rp and get credits for future projects.
(11-13-2015, 07:12 PM)SphinxSER Wrote: [ -> ]Hello community, new here.
Played Freelancer back in '04 and later, returning to it on a couple of occasions.
Really looking forward to flying out there. Also looking for a faction, perhaps a good, fun challenge for a beginner in Discovery. Any suggestions?

Greetings, it's great to have old blood back in the community.

Some of the most fun factions to play are house lawful factions. RM (Rheinland Military) is doing well, there's a lot to do in Liberty (LN) and for BAF (Bretonia Armed Forces), and KNF (Kusari Naval Forces) could certainly use the investment.

For trading factions, Interspace Commerce, IMG and ALG are always good factions to play, followed closely by Samura and Kishiro, who could use the members. Police factions are equally enjoyable to play.

If you want to go unlawful, a good revolutionary unlawful good faction is the Bundschuh, a good revolutionary evil faction is the Sisterhood of Dreams, a faction that I'm in myself (contains cool narcotics distribution RP crossbred with militant feminism. It's a ball - however, we're doing rather well at the moment and other people could certainly use the investment).
You may hook up with some niche faction, as 343 are now in charge of the Kusari Exiles (who are likely to return to Kusari soon[tm]) and they are repairing all the diplomacy.

Oh yes, Kusari is now a republic, being slowly shattered by all forms of internal affairs and loss of majority of their fleet during and after Tau War - with part of KNF denying legitemacy of the newly born Republic.

Rheinland is sort of regaining power as entire Liberty-Rheinland conflict ended in stealmate, but Rheinland being the technical winner (they stole something very valuable for Liberty), not to mention they now have to deal with Corsair influence.

Liberty fights off Gallia (big new interesting but controversial house), alongside with Bretonia - with latter being already heavily battered by Gallic Royal Navy and Kusari Naval Forces in both wars. Liberty also has to deal with a major problem, which is the Hellfire Legion, being ultranationalist LN's offshot.

As for the pirates: they still smuggle, steal, pirate, fight each other and do their shenanigans.
Welcome to Discovery!

We're in a bit of a sucky situation at the moment, but it'll fix itself soon. I'd suggest to join a trading faction at first, most people will gladly help you set up some ships and maybe do convoys together so you can set yourself up monetarily for other things. ^^

There's military factions or pirates that offer nice, easy-to-get-into fun. Bretonia probably needs a lot more people, Kusari does as well. Most of the mentioned factions will probably happily take you in!
Hello there old blood, nice to see people come back to the community.

I'd suggest you join [ALG], IMG| or IC| if you want a good trading and hauling faction that keeps your sirian wallet fat.

For some PvP action, you could join the military factions in each of the houses, some are more experienced than others but they know the basics
Had to edit some posts. Be nice, okay?

Also hello and welcome! Read rules, be nice and if you are in need of help then ask our lovely White guys ^.~
If you're looking for piracy and skulduggery, the Bretonian Buccaneers are recruiting. They're a gang of pirates that have managed to wrangle a Letter of Marque and become state sanctioned privateers.

However, they operate largely outside of House space and away from government eyes and supervision and so abuse their license to kill steal as much as they humanly can, hitting targets they probably shouldn't.
Quote:our lovely White guys ^.~
There is a racist joke somewhere in there.

A racist joke? Does it mean I am racist now?!
Pages: 1 2