Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battlecruisers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Battlecruisers only good at taking down Heavy Battleships because it is very easy to hit Heavy BS from 2.5k range with Primary Turrets only.

However Battlecruisers sucks at killing cruisers except BC has missile loadout. Only Missiles are effective against Cruisers. It is good at destroying Cruiser Turrets/Weak Thruster and People really don't like to get killed by Missiles because you don't have to do anything but sit and fire missiles from 5k range.

If Cruiser carrying Cloak or Cloak Disruptor then Cruiser can't dodge Cruiser missiles. CM can save you from Missiles for limited time.

Without Missiles, Battlecruiser can't do anything against Cruiser. Cruiser can get behind the Battlecruiser easly because BC can't turn and it is really slow (maybe slower than most of the Battleships)
It is very possible to damage Battlecruiser heavly at close combat, All you have to do is Get close to Battlecruiser and do damage, you can dodge from 500m-400m and you can get behind the battlecruiser before it deshield your cruiser.

Cloaker Battlecruiser also weak versus Cruiser, IF BC uncloak behind the Cruiser then cruiser can get behind the BC and run away easly.

I wonder why battlecruiser really worst at everything except for killing Heavy Battleships and I also wonder why every class ship is super effective vs Heavy Battleships

What's the role of the Battlecruiser? I thought Battlecruisers are cruiser killers/battleship killers because of their fast speed and firepower but here, it is weak against everything except heavy battleships

I suggest Battlecruiser needs Battlecruiser shield, so it will have more chance against Cruisers/Light and Medium BS's
idk about you but it kinda boils down to how you use a battle cruiser. Yeah sure, a cruiser keeps evading from the Battlecruiser, but, you have to lure them.

Honestly, I actually took down two reshephs in a Bullhead one time. It depends how you use your ships. Though, BCs feel slow when it comes to evading BS's sometimes, close range wise anyway. (lol BS decloaks and something cd's you, rip u)
(11-14-2015, 09:28 PM)Nyx Wrote: [ -> ]idk about you but it kinda boils down to how you use a battle cruiser. Yeah sure, a cruiser keeps evading from the Battlecruiser, but, you have to lure them.

Honestly, I actually took down two reshephs in a Bullhead one time. It depends how you use your ships. Though, BCs feel slow when it comes to evading BS's sometimes, close range wise anyway. (lol BS decloaks and something cd's you, rip u)

It is really possible to destroy 2 Cruiser at close combat in a Battlecruisers but There is no chance to kill a cruiser that know what he doing. I've tested sometime ago, 1v1 duel in conn. I was flying a scylla and friend was flying interdictor. He failed to deshield my ship when I move towards his bc and get behind his BC, I damaged his ship and did samething for 3-4 times

Also Light BS and Medium BS can dodge Battlecruiser primaries from 1.4-1.5k range and BC can take huge damage at 1k-1.5k range.

Even single gunboat can destroy a battlecruiser (faster than Cruiser because BC can't dodge)

So that is why it needs more survivability
Battlecruisers need an overhaul. They all suffer from lazy balancing, where they're C&Ps of each other with different models. The only Battlecruiser that's decent and balanced is the LABC because it's stats work with it's model. Ships like the Bullhead, IMG BC, KuBC and so forth don't work because they have stats intended for a different model.

Basically, Battlecruisers just need some variation pumped into their stats. So we need light, medium and heavy battlecruiser powercores. We need different agility stats etc.
I agree that they're difficult to use in combat, but I disagree when you say they're only effective with missiles. HFBC with 4 cerbs and Prims can tank an LABC and Scylla if you get close enough, and battlecruisers fit more of a support role than anything.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlecruiser

To sum it up, they play their role as they should, their made to be the Battleships younger sibling who in the end has to kill said sibling. Their less costly however have the firepower to knock out bigger ships, as what they were made to do. Logically their also cheaper and can be produced more then just normal battleships/carriers can and require less crew to operate.

PvP wise, its made to kill battleships..nothing else, also this right from the wiki

Battlecruisers are the heaviest ships in the Cruiser class, combining Battleship Primary Turrets with Cruiser performance. These ships are often used as Battleship-killers, since they can sit at range and return fire, while also avoiding damage themselves, and using thrusters to speed away if things turn sour. However, most battlecruisers have slower thrusting speed than other ships in the cruiser class, which exposes them to increased risk from Bombers and other cruisers.
(11-15-2015, 04:57 AM)Shizune Wrote: [ -> ]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlecruiser

To sum it up, they play their role as they should, their made to be the Battleships younger sibling who in the end has to kill said sibling. Their less costly however have the firepower to knock out bigger ships, as what they were made to do. Logically their also cheaper and can be produced more then just normal battleships/carriers can and require less crew to operate.

PvP wise, its made to kill battleships..nothing else, also this right from the wiki

Battlecruisers are the heaviest ships in the Cruiser class, combining Battleship Primary Turrets with Cruiser performance. These ships are often used as Battleship-killers, since they can sit at range and return fire, while also avoiding damage themselves, and using thrusters to speed away if things turn sour. However, most battlecruisers have slower thrusting speed than other ships in the cruiser class, which exposes them to increased risk from Bombers and other cruisers.

Like I said, Battlecruiser only good at killing Heavy Battleships.They should have more chance against Light and Mediums too.

You can't destroy an osiris in a Bullhead. It is nearly impossible cuz Osiris can strafe and dodge incoming projectiles even at 1.2k range. If you know how to aim then you can hit bullhead easly at 1.2k

Even lib dread can dodge BS Primaries at 1.4-1.5k range
(11-15-2015, 12:08 PM)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]You can't destroy an osiris in a Bullhead. It is nearly impossible cuz Osiris can strafe and dodge incoming projectiles even at 1.2k range. If you know how to aim then you can hit bullhead easly at 1.2k

Also that the Bullhead has a huge profile and a really low turn rate (all BCs are as fast as the Osiris). It catches fire like a bug net catches mosquitos.

I've always seen BCs as ships that fill the gap when the shiplines Battleship can't take on heavier vessels due to size and speed issues combined with insufficient armour rating, not support vessels per se.
If BCs will got better sheild everybody in NY will use them for Navy side. We are already enought ganked, if BC will be more powerful - will be worse than it is now.