Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Carriers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm still intrigued though on the idea of making it a primary support class ship... better than the repair ship in the way that it can transport snubs.
(11-15-2015, 05:30 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]There is literally no difference in utility between a carrier and a battleship - it's no different than the minor fluff distinction between a cruiser and a destroyer. Within the context of Freelancer itself, they're an utterly ridiculous ship class anyway considering standard battleships are already carriers, but there's neither here nor there.

It is different now, Vanilla Freelancer and Discovery is really different right now, so lets leave the vanilla one.

Carriers right now more like a battleship class ship can't see any difference between Carrier and Battleship. It just have more docking module slots, who cares about docking modules anyway, people cri when snub docks to carriers or battleships

There must be differences between Carrier and Battleships. Carrier with battleship weapons is really weird though

Carrier class ships always had support role, I still don't know why it is different in discovery maybe devs dont want to do anything about them(yo know laziness?). Removing BS HVY turrets from Carriers not hard tho.
Just give them the ability to carry more snubs and have them use cruiser turrets only. That way they'll become the ultimate team co-op machine and will be seen in smaller numbers. Because even in RL, carriers are the most expensive ship class and they're available in limited numbers.
(11-15-2015, 05:51 PM)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]There must be differences between Carrier and Battleships. Carrier with battleship weapons is really weird though

Carrier class ships always had support role, I still don't know why it is different in discovery maybe devs dont want to do anything about them(yo know laziness?). Removing BS HVY turrets from Carriers not hard tho.

Why must there be? Like I said, they're currently being used to plug gaps in shiplines. That's a desirable balance mechanic so far as ship access is concerned, so that's probably why they've not been changed according to your ideas.

Your ideas won't make them feel like carriers in any case - it'll just make them feel like gimped and useless battleships. I don't think we need any more of those.
(11-15-2015, 05:53 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]become the ultimate team co-op machine

Do we have such number of players?
No.
(11-15-2015, 05:53 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]and will be seen in smaller numbers
(11-15-2015, 05:59 PM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2015, 05:53 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]become the ultimate team co-op machine

Do we have such number of players?

Think about the future!.... no not that way. The positive future!
(11-15-2015, 06:22 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]No.
(11-15-2015, 05:53 PM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]and will be seen in smaller numbers

But do you have TEAM? You need team in order to see them in smaller numbers.

Ohnomnomnom, I am pesimist.
I think there would be a few groups out there that would use them. If not on a daily basis, at least for organised events.
(11-15-2015, 05:56 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2015, 05:51 PM)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]There must be differences between Carrier and Battleships. Carrier with battleship weapons is really weird though

Why must there be? Like I said, they're currently being used to plug gaps in shiplines. That's a desirable balance mechanic so far as ship access is concerned, so that's probably why they've not been changed according to your ideas.

Your ideas won't make them feel like carriers in any case - it'll just make them feel like gimped and useless battleships. I don't think we need any more of those.

So what? It is damn carrier class, read again CARRIER.
How the hell a carrier destroying a battleship and it can even tank light battleships. I killed many light bs with my atlantis carrier, It was so easy to take out light battleships with it. Carriers are not battleship anyway, Carriers should have support role

Carriers shouldn't carry any Anti-Battleship weapons.

If they carrying anti-battleship turrets then it should be renamed to Battleship or Dreadnought and there shouldn't be any Carrier named ships.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8