Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: been roaming around a couple hours, think I'm gonna stay.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,
may first some old stuff...

About 8-9 years back I've been playing Freelancer with some friends, a lot.
We mostly moved around unmodded servers, with a low RP factor, but at least a little.
We had fun, took part in big wars taking influence on the whole server, sometimes even on "allied" servers.
Always flying under a quasi-lawful flag, mercenary duties for the good and the bad guys, trading, smuggeling as daily business, piracy now and than.
Also we did massive weapon trading to/from all factions whenever we got an order, we knew where and how to get any equipment, we delivered equipment for upcoming groups if needed.

I also played a trader and smuggler for a couple months to worship the monkeygods (Monkey Universe Mod), also on a quasi-lawful faction.
But never got that deep into it, liked the idea, but somehow had problems to dive deep into the lore and suiting RP... and my interest in Freelancer faded out a bit that time.

A few weeks back a friend came up "Hey! Let's play Freelancer!".
Took me a second, now I'm reinfected after I rocked down the SP lately, we also checked different unmodded servers... OK there aren't that much these days and if, there is no activity.
Than I thought about checking if there's still any action around Monkey Universe, just to take a look - and found the Discovery mod and 24/7 RP server instead.

I like the idea to kinda "continue" the SP story, like the whole setting you guys created, the technical usage aspects, whole mining stuff and all that is just mindblowing.

Even if some things took me time to understand, but all over, after about 30-40 hours of ingame time (started various different faction presets), and couple hours of reading rules, factions lore, wiki stuff,... I think I can say: I really wanna stay here.

Finding a quasi-lawful to unlawful faction that suits me would be awesome.
(Primary on piracy and smuggeling, also some legal business, may some mercenary duties)
No local background really preferd at this point, all factions got their nice awesome teasers.

Got a basic background story in mind - but still have to check if some ideas matching the lorestuff of Discovery and also can be modified easily to match any factions lore in some details.

Well, think that's the quick things to tell.
Will continue checking players factions lore and may request to some - also if you think I might match your faction, feel free to contact me.

Have a nice flight everyone and see you in space.
Welcome, enjoy your stay

I can tell you Junker Marauders are the kind of faction which fits your expectations, you could try it out.
(11-17-2015, 06:20 PM)Cearos Craeh Wrote: [ -> ]Finding a quasi-lawful to unlawful faction that suits me would be awesome.
(Primary on piracy and smuggeling, also some legal business, may some mercenary duties)
No local background really preferd at this point, all factions got their nice awesome teasers.

Sounds like Junker Marauders to me. Maybe AFC, Congress or Unione Corse are also relevant to what you are looking for.

Otherwise as you already said, just look through the player factions and let them inspire you. Also, don't forget the unofficial faction section where you can also find a lot of different groups and factions which might have a concept you like.

Anyways, glad you like it here!
AFC sounds like it might suit your tastes.
Are those factions mentioned all active tho
UC has low activity but could use members. The other factions are active as far as I know.

Either way, welcome! Check out the rules whenever you can.
Welcome! Read rules and be nice ^.^
What timezone are you based in?

No, really; this is important. Playing with faction members in the same timezone is actually important; you don't wanna be the only one logging for your TZ and feel like nobody ever logs, only to find out that everyone else logs while you're sleeping.

Seriously: find one that suits your timezone, then pick from those.

If you're 'Murican or eastern-european based, Cross is fairly well suited to accepting newbies in the unlawful circles; that is to say, you learn how to pirate with us~
and if you're down for some Outcast/Religious Crusader RP, then you'll fit right in~
JM and AFC, both have a nice lore I could play I guess. But also VMA and their revolution-resistance way are very interesting and could be awesome to play.

I'm very busy by now in real live, so I'm still a bit stucked at reading player factions lore - focused on quasi-lawful to unlawful ones so far...

Scourgeclaw, you are right - best lore and best personal suiting stlye of roleplay to a factions lore is kinda useless and wasted time if you are alone in the universe. (Except you are playing something like a true solo roleplay "interested in $$ mercenary/bounty hunter" way, open to all factions)

Played various games in international clans/guilds/factions/... but those groups had almost the same size as the whole Discovery community by now I think...
Number of active people were kinda even by locations around the globe (North/South America, whole Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Korea,...), so daytime wasn't that important, there've been always many people online.

Coming with that background I didn't thought about the different timezone thing that much in combination with a way smaler community at all...

I'm located in Europe, UTC+1 - online on evening times mostly.
21:38 local time now.
AFC ah yes...another chicken back to the oven.