Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Community Vote - Most comfortable ship type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sup.

So let me explain what exactly ''comfortable'' means. It does not necessarily mean the most powerful or versatile ship. Does not necessarily mean the biggest or smallest.

In this case, which ship would you feel the most comfortable in when it comes to flying around on a daily bases, depending on where you are. For the sake of this vote, let us imagine ZOIs do not exist and the vote itself is really about how safe and useful you feel when flying a certain shiptype.

This vote might or might not be used for an upcoming video.
Rheinland Battleship with Jumpdrive 3
Also, if you want to explain why you chose what you chose, do that as well.
Kusari: HF, cause their vhfs suck and everyone's flying HFs. Flying a clunky VHF there is a suicide.
Anywhere else: VHFs, Eagle ftw.
I chose the Gbs and light dessie.

nI found those ships to be a very good mix between firepower and the ability to mitigate damage.

Since people love their snubs a lot or just go full banana crazy and spam battleships, flying something that can deal damage to them while still being light enough and with good enough thrust speed to avoid damage is a good deal.
Gunboats in general are even more fun now due to the recent changes made to the gunboat cerb cannons, which offer you huge amount of burst damage against snubs, even with the now dereased range. Something I always did not like about basics was that even though they were more efficient, you had to constantly stay within range of whatever is that you are shooting in order to get the best results. I find that using cerbs to get within range, unload your plant and then scoot out to recharge is working quite well.

When it comes to cruisers, the LSC is still my favorite due to the location of its heavy slots, allowing it to act like a very effective anti-sub platform in group fights. While there is little chance you can hunt down snubs alone if they do not want to get hit (as it should be), if they do try to attack you, the pair of razors can quickly make them regret their choice of action.

At the same time, the fun thing about these two ships is that if you get caught alone, they have enough survivability to get to the closest base or to wait for help. Gunboats are agile enough to avoid fire from large ships and outrun them, while being specifically designed to ruin snubs, those will think twice before attacking you outright.
Well main things I'm flying:
VHFs (Sabre, Rapier, Lynx)
Light/Medium bombers (Cutlass, Moray, Cougar, Orchid, Roc)
You forgot to list the medium inter-classes Spazzy.
(11-19-2015, 11:02 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot to list the medium inter-classes Spazzy.

That and liners.
I find gunboats and gunships to be the most all-round powerful class that you can really be effective against everyone and everything in. It has great firepower, it's size makes it very hard to hit and it's speedy. All of that along with turret zoom/steer it's nigh unstoppable in the right hands.

Fighters need to spend AGES to take down your shields, constantly shooting you. That really, really won't end well for them as gunboats usually fire fast, high-damage shells very rapidly.

Bombers need to take down your shields with EMPs before actually damaging with a SNAC (torps don't follow fast enough to be even considered). EMPs are ridiculously slow, against a fast, small capital that shoots rapidly in all directions. A gunboat can nuke a bomber in 3-4 volleys I think, and it takes a few seconds of following a gunboat closely to actually do enough damage to take out a shield from regen state. Can only fire one SNAC before their shields go up again, and can't fire one to nuke their shields because it'll regen before you can fire another.

Cruisers will have difficulty chasing (and hitting) gunboats, but are probably the only possible good counter aside from other gunboats.

Anything larger just won't be able to hit or give chase.

Basically, snubs are fudged if they try to get in actual reliable-hitting range, and capitals will struggle to hit it at all.
Uruz, because Uruz rocks!
Pages: 1 2 3