Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion+poll: NPC wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Actually a 5 minutes old idea.

I know most people hate NPCs for being annoying and endless, but removing them from the game is bad idea, so I've thought that this could be a good compromise - Make two groups of NPCs that belong to two hostile factions appear at the same known place, let's say once every two days. It will start some sort of a fight, and every player who is willing can join it without waiting for his faction mates to appear. People will have fun engagements without being forced to wait if their foes will or won't log in.

Ofc this idea will require some reballancing on behalf of NPCs, but how's the general idea?
Imo I think this will lead to "farming".
(11-19-2015, 05:49 PM)Bulldog. Wrote: [ -> ]Imo I think this will lead to "farming".

By reballancing NPCs I meant making them getting killed harder... As far as I know it's been done with Nomad NPCs. Their armor is obviously bigger then the numbers say. Also, I do not see such an issue in farming, I mean, it's meant to give option for those who don't have many enemies or many friends to fly with to login. They will have some sort of team mates and they will have some sort of enemies that they can fight. And if there's many enough it should be tricky to kill them all by yourself. And in the lenght of time it takes for you to elliminate enemy group of NPCs some of the enemy players might show up.
I like the idea, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be easier just to make a mission with conditions like these. This mission would spawn two fleets with variety of ships. It could be also a good thing for snubcrafts, lets say bombers: they would be able to take mission and participate in a "raid".
Just limit it to guard systems to avoid random people bringing fleets to strange places
(11-19-2015, 05:55 PM)OCV-(M)E(ow)pona Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be easier just to make a mission with conditions like these. This mission would spawn two fleets with variety of ships. It could be also a good thing for snubcrafts, lets say bombers: they would be able to take mission and participate in a "raid".
Just limit it to guard systems to avoid random people bringing fleets to strange places

The mission idea is bad for the reason of server handling. I said "let's say once every two days" for that exact reason. If too many people at different locations were to start such mission, server would get annihilated. On the contrary, if they spawn one after another in different locations, it should do the trick. Also spawning in known and accesible areas is necessary too, as this is meant to be some sort of starting push for a possible player engagement later.
(11-19-2015, 05:59 PM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2015, 05:55 PM)OCV-(M)E(ow)pona Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be easier just to make a mission with conditions like these. This mission would spawn two fleets with variety of ships. It could be also a good thing for snubcrafts, lets say bombers: they would be able to take mission and participate in a "raid".

The mission idea is bad for the reason of server handling. I said "let's say once every two days" for that exact reason. If too many people at different locations were to start such mission, server would get annihilated. On the contrary, if they spawn one after another in different locations, it should do the trick. Also spawning in known and accesible areas is necessary too, as this is meant to be some sort of starting push for a possible player engagement later.

I'm not sure if it's possible to write a routine like this. It would require an admin / dev presence to spawn those wvessels via commands, like Alley was doing in Omicron Delta some time ago.

Back to the idea: We could also hold this "event" in different location each 2 days, lets say one day in the Liberty, later Rheinland, Kusari and so on...
I hope it will pass through, also some suitable timing would be fine: For me best goes at 18-19 UTC
(11-19-2015, 06:04 PM)OCV-(M)E(ow)pona Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if it's possible to write a routine like this. It would require an admin / dev presence to spawn those wvessels via commands, like Alley was doing in Omicron Delta some time ago.

Back to the idea: We could also hold this "event" in different location each 2 days, lets say one day in the Liberty, later Rheinland, Kusari and so on...
I hope it will pass through, also some suitable timing would be fine: For me best goes at 18-19 UTC

Well, about possibility I hoped that devs or admins would answer that question.

As for the latter part, that's exactly what I meant with this, thus the dellay in between showings in the same location ) Which can vary too.
Ookay, I messed up with the pool Big Grin But ok, general idea is there.
So people keep voting No, but not saying a think. Why?
Generally folks ignore the NPC's as just background elements or annoyances, having them fight each other on a rotor system to try and get players to follow suit wouldn't work. NPC's already patrol and fight each other with their numbers linked to server population, the lower the number of players the more NPCs and vice versa (I think, I could be wrong on that).
Pages: 1 2 3