Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Caps: Bots and bats change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's the idea:

We should reduce the amount of nanobots (just to counter radiation damage and some *small* repairs) and heavily boost amount of shield bats to compestate that. I mean it's easier to use some sort of power generator to reload the shield, than send waves of small bots to repair the whole capital ship ==> which are pretty big after all. However the amount of bots is getting gone pretty fast, so lets say if we reduce the bot number to 10-20%, we will need to buff bats by 500% to make it equal to the current situation.

If I remember well we've had something similar to this topic, but it wasn't directly involved in reducing bots count.

Maybe if capital bats boost doesn't compestate it at all, just multiply the base armour by some value (only if bats buff won't be enough)

's idea:
Adding the amount of hull, which is being repaired by bots to the cap's base armour and completely removing nanobots from capitals

What do you think about it?
This is a tricky question... Something similar have been posted several times already, and I lean towards idea of buffing armor by removing nanobots. As for shields, it needs work not only with bats, but with shields themselfs.

Also, no, I say increase repair costs and repair material costs just so much that trading will be at least required once every week, better often. Seriously, if you have an option to just trade for a day and not do it for another year and play without problems, that's just bad for money making activities, and then for those that rely on such for themselfs, pirates for example.
(11-21-2015, 10:15 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]This is a tricky question... Something similar have been posted several times already, and I lean towards idea of buffing armor by removing nanobots. As for shields, it needs work not only with bats, but with shields themselfs.

Also, no, I say increase repair costs and repair material costs just so much that trading will be at least required once every week, better often. Seriously, if you have an option to just trade for a day and not do it for another year and play without problems, that's just bad for money making activities, and then for those that rely on such for themselfs, pirates for example.

Well, if we would multiply bats per 5, an average BS will need to buy 8000 bats after every singe death. So it's equal 1,6 mil per death. And I think that this 8k bats won't be enough if we reduce bot amount to 10-20%. Repairs would become too expensive.

Anyway it's not much still, so it's not necessary to reduce their price; You will gain enough moneys to repair yourself 5 times in 8 minutes, so it's very fast --> the main idea is about bots&bats&armour changes, so keep being concentated on it
In that case I vote for removing nanobots completely and compensating them by hull, plus a slight buff to the SB count... 5 times is a bit too much imo, that would make some capital ships being able to fully restor shields over 10 times, and that would get just too annoying for ships with low damage output. I'd say 2-3 times more is sufficient enough.
(11-21-2015, 10:28 AM)Timmy Wrote: [ -> ]In that case I vote for removing nanobots completely and compensating them by hull, plus a slight buff to the SB count... 5 times is a bit too much imo, that would make some capital ships being able to fully restor shields over 10 times, and that would get just too annoying for ships with low damage output. I'd say 2-3 times more is sufficient enough.

Well it was just a proposal + some maths. It is not necessary to be x5.0
Also removing bots completely would make a butthurt in radiation fields --> no repairs at all.
I want to provide some basic bots just to recover radiation damage
It wouldn't call butthurt in radiation fields, as caps will have their hull increased by ammount of lost due to loss of Nanobots... I hope you get the idea, because it kinda sounds difficult for me too x_x Repairs of hull cost as much as nanobots, I've tested that out. Increase in repairs is majorly done by damaged equipment, which is not getting repaired by nanobots.

Also, no need for repairs of hull would be welcomed by caps, as in initial states of engagement server needs some time to unlag. And in that time people who get fire are getting killed without having a chance to use repairs.
Lets say the current Ossie has 1500 bots&bats. Battleship shield can handle 460000 damage, so will require ~1534 bats to fully restore for one time. It's hull armour is equal 700000 and one nanobot is repairing 600, so it requires ~1167 bots for one repair. So we've got ~333 bots remaining ==> additional ~200000 hull. So in total Ossie withno armour and full count of nanobots has 1.600.000 hull. If we remove the bots (900 000 hull) we should add this amount to shields, to keep stuff as balanced as it is right now. The mostly used gun in battleships is cerb, which delivers 45.000 dmg to hull 22.500 dmg to shields, so 900.000 : 45000 = 20. So one cerb needs 20 shots to get rid of the additional hull from nanobots. 20 shots x 22500 = 450000 shield damage from those cerbs. 450000 : 300 (amount of shield repaired by bats) = 1500. So it could be pretty balanced if we just multiply bats count by 2.0

It would have pretty the same lifetime like it has right now, maybe we should add additional small amount of bats if we remove the bots completely
You didn't get the idea. I meant that the 900k hull that are removed with the nanobots are added to actual hull of the ship. Aka, Ossie having 1.600.000 base armor and no nanobots.

Edit: Just a short edit here, to not waste any more space on my replies. Yes, I do think that capital ships need a buff to their survivability and a bit of a nerf to their anti capital ship weapons. Probably to their instant killing anti snub weapons too, but that's beyond the point of this thread. Survivability needs buff, the bigger the ship is, the more buff it needs.
Well, it could work this way as well. Lets see what the rest of community thinks about it
Removing the ability to have nanos/shields would remove the reward and benefit of insta-killing something, which then you cannot take their regens. Even if it were a minority.

Pages: 1 2