Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: .ALE Editor - Who has one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need one please help
use notepad++

also you're supposed to convert .ale to .xml then .ale back again
how do you convert them to xml?

Exlpain to me the process of how you open a ale file in notepad?

I am much appreciative of this help
going to briefly give you the tools because i don't feel well enough to explain the whole process

you use notepad++ or some other coding able program (not notepad)

to convert: you'll need the Freelancer XML project utilities, UTFXML converts it from the orginal format, XMLUTF rebuilds them from your xml file

so convert to xml, then open
http://adoxa.altervista.org/freelancer/t...xmlproject

yeah i doubleposted bite me
(mainly to remind of the change/link)
bites
This document can be helpful for you. Just keep in mind that .ini changes are not allowed on the server, so if you do change them, make sure to only test it in SP.
(11-24-2015, 09:31 AM)ChillerMiller Wrote: [ -> ]This document can be helpful for you. Just keep in mind that .ini changes are not allowed on the server, so if you do change them, make sure to only test it in SP.

But you can modify ale files and use them in disco as long as you don't change any ini files right?
Yeah that should be fine. However, you can't do an awful lot with this .ini restriction.

I can tell you if it's going to work if you tell me what you want to do.
So basically I hate the current bs cloak fx, looking in the weapon equip ini. The relevant cloaks MKII Adv and Transport Cloak use cloak effect: Nomad Cloak 004.

I like the Osiris Cloak effect which is Nomad Cloak 006 effect.

So I want to mod all bs cloak fx to osiris cloak effect but without touching the ini, therefore I have to go into Nomad Battleship Cloak ALE and swap the lines for Nomad Effect 004 with those for 006.
Pages: 1 2