Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Placeholder ships forgotten?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So after looking at the recent post by Teerin, I have some slight concerns with the current needed ships list, as the title of this thread suggests.

Certain ships that have been in need of replacement for awhile, specifically the gmg whale appear to have been left out or forgotten somewhere along the way. I understand that Jinx submitted some models to replace the Kujira at one point, but it looks like this has either been forgotten about or has ended up pushed under the rug somewhere.

From memory I believe the current civilian carrier model is also intended to be a placeholder, but does not appear on the list.

If these models already have replacements I apologize for the wasted effort, but from an outsiders PoV it appears they have been forgotten. I am sure if we looked through there are other models in similar situations. I understand from the post the written list of ship priorities may be incomplete, but as these are ships already in game I personally feel they should be given priority over adding new ones.
Also shouldn't the GMG Gunboat be on that list?
GMG gunboat is complete and a dev has the files.
So in that case, it should be listed as 'Awaiting Implementation' I guess.
As mod asset lead I would consider many of the current ships 'placeholders' in that they don't hold a candle to the level of quality I'd like to see, or at the very least are far from a consistent level of quality.

That having been said replacing 200+ models is not a process that is going to happen overnight. The Kujira does indeed seem to have slipped under the radar and I'll need to hunt around for the files. The GMG gunboat should be on that list as awaiting implementation as well.

Back to the original point however, the civilian carrier uses the old Geb model from early .85. While not on the high end of the quality spectrum, it isn't an import ship and there are other ships in much dire need of replacement.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

P.S - I took the liberty of revising Teerin's general polycount guidelines per ship class, they were a little wonky before.
I actually cant think of any ship really needing a replacement more than the civilian carrier except for the Kujira.

I specifically bring it up because as stated here it is actually simply a placeholder as well.

Glad to know the Kujira is being looked at at least.
Will the HF BC get remodeled then? Because we already have a Gaian GB for the whole Freudesquiness. We do not really need a rotating one, for her pleasure.

Tasteless jokes aside, how about you guys take a look at Kusari. We can complain about how it is one of the most empty places in the Mod, but if you keep adding new ships to Liberty and whatnot, that will not change.
(11-25-2015, 07:09 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]P.S - I took the liberty of revising Teerin's general polycount guidelines per ship class, they were a little wonky before.

It's not any better now either .. not to mention from the five OSC ships I'm doing currently 2 are arouns 10k , one is about 6 and the 2 small ones are around 3k each, cause back when I started the whole thing, I was told by that's generally good. I love changing expectations ...

Also, how do you expect to make a 5k transport out of the same poly count as a GB ? Tongue
With the "quality" and "detailes" you desire ?
(11-25-2015, 07:42 AM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]I actually cant think of any ship really needing a replacement more than the civilian carrier except for the Kujira.

I specifically bring it up because as stated here it is actually simply a placeholder as well.

Glad to know the Kujira is being looked at at least.
^ 100% agree on this .
Kujira should be replaced ASAP. It still looks like retarded brother of the CIS Frigate from Star Wars. Perhaps Swallow would think something out, since he did great job with GMG Gunboat.
Pages: 1 2 3