Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.80 beta 1 general impressions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, apart from bugs and all technical stuff, what do you think?

I will be grateful for any feedback about new features, older features that were tweaked, new concepts implemented, and what you expected and will be missing. And general impressions, of course. Are we moving in the right direction?

No bugs or suggestions for the future releases here, these go to another thread:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1332

Every opinion is valuable!
I do have a question... When will you want my systems? For which beta release, so I can have an estimated time frame to finish them..
Quote:I do have a question... When will you want my systems? For which beta release, so I can have an estimated time frame to finish them..
When ready, not earlier.

If you'll prepare infocard texts for inclusion, it won't take too much time to include those systems. Only thing that I'm afraid of is that you are getting rather far from original system feel, starting from names, but we'll see...
Well you can change the names around a bit.

Names;
Hessen, Rheinland system.
Akarui, Kusari system (though might not be added to this version, just started it a week ago..)
Risha, Border World system, with Kusari Naval forces and blood Dragons fighting for control of it.
Char'Ruko, Border World system, Blood dragon system much like Chugoku
Tras'chi, no NPCs, 4-5 jump holes.
And one as-of-yet unnamed system, empty, pretty much a hideaway place.

Tras'chi and the unnamed one are the only ones that don't seem much FL-like, and only because they are empty of NPCs. So imagine Minor before we added NPCs and thats alot like Tras'chi and the other one.

I can get all but Akarui finished this week. All thats left are base NPCs and adding some more NPC zone populations in Hessen and Char'ruko.

Kane,Jul 30 2006, 03:05 PM Wrote:Ok, having buyable bases that can be added in with the next version (Or after set ammounts of time, if we finaly can't find any more to add/fix) is an OK idea. In fact, the only real down side I can see would be the time and effort of having to make, remake, and edit of the player bases, and that the controll issue would probobly get complicated.

However, I have to ask a couple of things here...
One: How would the trade station work? The only way I could see is an admin comming in every week or so, tallying up the number of trade bases for each faction, and giving each designated bank the apropreate funds. Unless someone want's to do some serious coding for FL, there isn't a way (That I know of) to make it an automatic thing.
Two: Battlestations. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the only stations with weapons worth a d*mn are the battleships. Everything else can be laughed at by just about any player with a semi-decent ship. Perhaps if we gave station weapons a boost (It dosn't matter to what... No player will ever be able to mount them anyway), then a battlestation might be feasable. Heck, it would even give pirates (With apropreate reputation, of course) a reason to stay away from stations, planets, and so on, and stick to the fields where the pirates hang out untill they pounce the tradelanes.

By the way, if the battleship stations can have primary turrets (i.e, the Rheinland Battleship stations have those big turrets with the three "Barrels" on them), why can't the PC's? Preferably with the same models.
[snapback]28078[/snapback]

Well the editing and creation will all be done by me if Igiss is okay with that. So the main work will be done by me. Also, I believe gun power of stations is decided by the difficulty setting of that base. Like I can make a NPC patrol be a level 4 patrol which means that faction's light fighters (patriots if it were a Liberty patrol) and then a level 28 Corsair patrol would be either a centurion or titan patrol. I think stations work the same way, higher level, stronger guns. But I'm not sure.
Dab, please no portal system. I don't like the idea of a portal system. Makes it too easy to get around.

As for the topic, from what I've read, its heading in the right direction. But uh, Igiss, I heard there was a MKII Version of the Dagger. Is there? If so, what's the name?
Virus, its not a portal system. It only goes into systems that surround it. For example, its not going to take you across the galaxy in one easy jump. Its pretty much the same as New Tokyo, except the only thing in the system are jump holes.
I like it generally so far... excellent job!

Thanx for Ibiza :)

Maybe the IDs complicate things a bit... a bit more actually... I'm gonna need some time to get them for all that list in my signature :lol:
Must . Get . Outcast . Ships.
Love it! New ships, especially cruisers! Lots of choices now. Found a new trade route for synthetic marijuana....better than Delta run!
BabyDoc
Thx Igiss..

it's great.. the new ships are wonderful and the decision about the new bases was excelent..

Me, as an Outcast.. I feel very good with it..

Nightwish

Pages: 1 2