Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mantis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not going to go into super detail, but i'm gonna give a short description of the first one i wrote.

You start as Heffron Aldsax, a local fry cook at a manhattan burger joint, also a hispanic. You don't have a car and must take a taxi home, only this time, your not going home. You call a cab, and it pulls up to you. You open the door, and get thrust inside, and knocked out. Then you see little in and out scenes, first your driving, then your near a mountain range, and last you see a cliff with the letters engraved, MANTIS. You finally wake up, and you are being dragged through a large hall. They take you into a room, and strap you to a chair at the end of a long desk. A machine comes down and attaches wires to your head. A fierce shock goes through your head, and you feel as though your brain is melting. You look around, and seemen in odd suits. One screams "THATS ENOUGH" but the machine keeps going. after about 30 seconds of people panicing, a large one says "It's reach the inner complexion!" You fall asleep again. You wake up and now you are sitting in a similar room, only this time, your not straped to a machine. 3 men walk in with odd looking pistols labeled, RRTP. The aim, and fire, directly at your head, and your eyes feel as though there sucked info your head. A figure of a large, odd looking Praying Mantis forms infront of you (inside your mind) Telling you that your partners, and enemies. He tells you to release your inner rage, and to kill the ones that you love dearly, he says horrifying things, and then he says, "You choose...... do something in your lifetime, or die like thee others...." Everything goes dark.
Again you wake up in a third room, with more suited men, but in the middle of them is one that is not suited, but his head is consumed by a glass bowl. He explains that you have been picked to be Praying Mantis, and that you must "Defeat the Terrorist, and there leader, Deagle." After this, you are walked to a room with a Mask being levitated somehow. You are told to put it on, and you do. A fierce, pain consumes your body and the mask forms your body into a metallic shell. An onboard computer says "Welcome, praying mantis." You are then sent to the briefing room. In there, they tell you your task is to Make your way into quebec, on foot, and find the Omega complex. You get a squad, and start your journey. The rest takes alot of detail, but i can do the end pretty simple. At the end you reach the omega complex, and sneak inside, there you meet deagle once again (you meet him before quite a few times). Deagle, is an ex mantis gone rogue. He was not chosen for a suit, but for Pistol master. When he left he managed to steal two Dessert Eagles and train with them almost non stop. There for given the name "Dealge." Attempt to kill him, but he comes out with a Extirminator (a really big walker like vehicle that is specially designed to kill mantis members) You blow up the walker, but Deagle lives and runs. You set the Omega Complex on fire and run out before your consumed by the flames. You regroup with your squad, and then a helicopter comes down to pick you up.

Few things you should know, The mantis suit has 3 special functions that it can do, each diffrent. The praying mantis suit has ALL the functions of every mantis suit. Also i feel i should explain Zygoeths, who is in my game, so your not madly confused.

Zygoeths is a failed prototype of a super Mantis suit. An error in the suit blew it apart, leaving zygoeths with bits of metal all over his body, including his claw, and robotic eye.

I know i didn't explain it all... but REALLY, i'm talking atleast 2 pages of facts if i did.

Its a FPS.

i made a sht load of original gun.

I wrote 6 more games after this one..... i was bored.

The mantis suit makes everyone voice sound the same, i'm the only one i know who can do the voice...

NO FLAMAGE, no "Omfg this gys a ttl nub...."

If you don't like it, don't post at all, please.
You have a very active mind.

I'd expect your games to have an equal pace.

What kind of guns did you make?
Oh sht here we go...

Arctic Eagle
MMP (Mantis Machine Pistol)
Bullet Caster
Surface Raider
SKCK (Silent Kill Combat Knife)
Mantis Assault 42
.44 c uniclip
Flame tuber
Rapid Sting
Ranchest 9
Ranchest 32
.44 Lazer shot

much more

i also have vehicles

The extirminator

GeoSub

Sand roller

Road Puma

Bashsledger

Rigust Tank

Artimus Tank

The "Nat" artillery vehicle

Mantis Armored Transport truck.
Of your weapons, which are you the most prideful in? How do they work? What distinguishes them from other FPS?
I'll start with your last question first. What sets them apart, i have to say, is there ability to kill. Most (MOST) fps it takes a few shots to kill someone, my weapons, if your shot in the chest, your dead, if your shot in the leg you fall over, ect. The most prideful, i'd have to say, is the Arctic Eagle, This gun shoots one, VERY large bullet (its a pistol) with flesh hooks on it. Literally, rips flesh apart, but takes 5 seconds to reload, which includes pulling out the barrel on a slide, snapping it forward, pushing the barrel back, ejecting the shell, and pushing another bullet in, and doing the steps to unloading it backwards. Another gun, which is VERY original, is the Bullet Caster. The bullet caster is a timed gun that is disposable, it shoots 4 shotguns (all timed) a rapid firing machine gun, 3 dessert eagles, 2 rps, a nade, and last it launchers itself, which explodes, you only have to shoot once. What i'm trying to accomplish with this rpg is 3 things. 1. I want to make a super realistic game, thats still fun (realistic as in physics/health). 2. I want to show my characters who have changed over the past 7 years (zygoeths used to be a turtle/man/robot/wizard), and 3. I'm trying to get the old "Alien" thing away, and introduce more about the mind (My last game though does include the ship called the "Xynauter" Launcher off in space, going to Estage 5, i will explain later). Any more questions?
Seems enemies will get mowed quickly. What about the Mantis soldiers? I imagine the realism works both ways. Will it have cover-based gameplay to make up for how easy it is to die? Or will it be a more traditional shooter, in the Turok and Halo vein?

Additionally, while the Arctic Eagle sounds nice, why use it over a weapon with more ammo capacity, since one shot to a vital area makes a kill anyway?
Let me sum it all up for you. There is a function in your suit called, Super Armor, which reduces hits by 20%... BUT it makes you super slow. So let me shorten in, your boddies, the same as the enemies, except in a few moments, such as, the part in which i didn't explain, The Onward assault, were mantis, single handledly, faces an army of 250, using only his rocket function, and the gun he has.
Let's just say this, imagine theres medics ALL over hell. Do you die instantly when your shot, no... The medics have specially equiprement that remove bullet wounds close to 3 seconds. But, when your shot with this gun that literally, rips you apart, how the hell are you gonna fix that.... (there no medical equipement for that)
Your probally going to ask next "again, exactly what i just said, you didn't explain it" or something like that. You never get healed, ever. You slowly regenerate, 1 health (you have a total of 100 health) per min. I know your gonna ask "is this a continious play, or are there lvls" continous.

I should also mention that the Arctic Eagle is dead accurate, and has amazing range. You gotta remember, it's a side arm, and not your main wepons. (10 bullets is maximum) Next question please (make it character oriented please XD)
As per your request...

Why a fry cook?
To make him look like a looser, and weak i guess. Well.... it was MOSTLY just to do something new, not to have him be, SUPER MERCENARY MAN OF ALL KILLER ASSASINS right away, but have him be a normal dude. Anything more ark? BTW Ark, i think i'm gonna try to make you an avatar + Signature XD, don't be disapointed though, i'm not amazing.