Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OWE)- - Infocard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Work In Progress

[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448821624]
OUTER WORLDS EXPEDITION

[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448821624]Faction Identification
IFF: Zoner
ID: Zoner
Tag: OWE)-
Stance: Quasi-lawful

[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448821624]Backstory
WIP

[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448821624]Goals
WIP

[Image: avatar_34404.png?dateline=1448821624]Diplomacy
WIP
How exactly are you planning on actually doing anything in game with the Freelancer ID? Bounty opportunities against Zoners are extremely limited at the moment so you'd just be stuck preaching about how Zoners are bad through text RP which isn't necessarily going to sustain the group.
(11-28-2015, 09:56 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly are you planning on actually doing anything in game with the Freelancer ID? Bounty opportunities against Zoners are extremely limited at the moment so you'd just be stuck preaching about how Zoners are bad through text RP which isn't necessarily going to sustain the group.

Given it is a roleplay server, and Xenos would be shot down immediatly by house authorities, these actions would be purely roleplaying, akin to the actions made by independent roleplayers. The idea is indeed problematic, because there's no other ID but Xenos who would eventually act against Zoners. But then, pushing a mouthful towards Zoners, disrepecting NFZ within Freeports or firing a torpedo at the Freeport in presence of Zoner vessel (away from the authority eyes) should be enough to make them mad a bit.

Of course, AZM would be surely hired by authorities as a normal mercenary group against other criminals - since they are openly against unlawfuls, except for groups such as Hogosha. The faction could also be anti-Junker in such a manner, because of relations with Hogosha.

As for the bounties, I do believe GRN are sort of against Zoners and their laws.
Yeah, its hard to work against the Zoners at the Moment. Especially with a Freelancer ID (Possibly with a pirate/terrorist ID?). But it could make the Zoners more interesting to play, if we could implement it with existing rules. The Idea of a Zoner War isn't new, right?
The problem is, Pirate ID and Terrorist ID (with this being SRP, so it goes away), same with Xeno ID, would be pointless, since group is supposed to be a neutal within house space. They are "lawful" activists. And they do not require blues after blue.

I was also thinking about usage of Police ID, but that would lead into pure drama and farfetched situations causing ooRP hate.
What's the cause of the group's leniency for the FA, LWB, Hogosha etc? Surely their beef with the Zoners is that they don't adhere to a black and white moral and legal code? Wouldn't supporting outright terrorists and mafia-esque quasi lawfuls make them massive hypocrites?

Why would Gallia work with an organisation that's founded in liberty, their main military opponent?
Just clarifying on Xenos as mentioned above -

I'm not sure why you think Xenos would turn on Zoners considering the majority of their inRP essential supplies come from them (refer to Milford Base infocard, among others) and sympathize with the whole Penn situation as well as agreements with the Zoners on Ames which took place before my time here. Without that cooperation Xenos would have to survive solely on what they could seize. Not to mention other than Hellfire, Zoner bases are the only other faction's bases in Liberty they can land on. Xenos may be poor, but they aren't stupid. I get what you are saying about foreign influence, but the Zoners were in Penn first before the LibGov made it a protectorate and that is how Xenos justify ongoing cooperation - mutual sympathy.

They would need a good reason to decide that Zoners are an enemy, but IMO I can't think of one. That's not to say you couldn't do it, but you would want to think of a good plot for it.

Might I suggest perhaps something like a starting with a Freelancer ID, moving more to a Pirate ID as you move onto less peaceful protests and gain a reputation?
That's the good idea, Infra, Thanks for advice. I might do some rewrites then.

Initially I had a way different idea than this one, with Zoners being tired of constant LPI and LN butting into the Beth's interest, but I do not think people would approve faction that would attack all Navy/LPI targets inside Pennsylvania (ooRP-wise a Freelancer group hired by Xenos or direct Xeno IDed group), as you indeed pointed out Zoners do symphatise with Pennsylvania situation.

Please do not rename account yet, as it might turn into different name again.
What about something like Free Pennsylvania Movement, reversing the idea I've proposed (yes, I'm taking into account that someone already wanted forcefully to liberate Texas or claim system before - I'm to avoid such a situation).

Of course, it could be also a way different faction that both proposed, perhaps the one situated in Omegas and Rheinland?
Are you planning to accomplish something in the game to make things change or is this just a goal that will be 'fought' for inRP but never really resolved?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6