Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: LH~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CztHuUZ.png]

Greetings, whoever may receive this message.

My name is Helmut Weinstein, I am the director of ALG Waste Disposal's Division V.

Last year, ALG had sporadic contact with the Lane Hackers, which turned out to be fruitful for both parties.
Commendably, you reported several finds of detritus and debris, possibly from spacecraft that been destroyed under unknowable, unfortunate circumstances.
We cleared the waste away, we made good money from it, we paid you for your helpful information.

Now there is a ceasefire in place between the republics of Rheinland and Liberty, likely leading to a more permanent peace accord between the houses.
Nonetheless, even if our trade rights were restored properly, something we cannot assume would certainly happen at this point, we wish to continue this beneficial relationship.

Environmental consciousness is sadly not easy to find, and your possession thereof and willingness to do business profitable business with that in mind is rare indeed.

To bottom-line this transmission, we are still more than interested in helping keep Liberty clean of unwanted debris you may stumble across, in a manner that profits all of us.
[Image: MEPQRNu.png]

(originally posted 28.08.15)
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Hello Mr Weinstein.

I never heard of Division V, perhaps you could enlighten me a bit? Unfortunately we have been disappointed with the actions of ALG Waste Disposal as of late. You see, a few months ago you were rather zealous in your persecution of Liberty Rogues even going as far as to bring your gunboats inside Cassini star system, something that even Liberty's law enforcement rarely dares to do, not a Rheinland-based company.

Of course those actions generated a certain responce from us. That being said, the Lane Hackers do not forget which is your main activity, the salvaging, cleansing, and recycling business. You are restoring and repairing the destruction that other corporations left behind, such as the notorious Texas Incident caused by Ageira. In general terms, your corporate model is healthy, productive and beneficial to the people of Sirius.

So to answer your question, I do believe that we could reach an arrangement, provided that you can offer something more substantial than that. Finally, for your knowledge, there is currently no corporate or company entity in Sirius which is excempt by our operations.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

Good day, Mr Yoshida.
Thank you for your response.

First, about Division V. We are an evolution of ALG's corporate security division, recently re-organized and given wider responsibilities. Our tasks are largely information-related, we serve as ALG's intelligence division and handle sensitive diplomatic negotiations, such as this one.

Now, a brief explanation of the incident you mentioned: we base our operations in Liberty out of Beaumont Base and Spire. At the time of this incident, hostility between the Padua Liberty Rogues and our main partners in the region, the Junker Marauders, led to Delta squadron taking an aggressive stance against them. This is what led to the pursuit by one of our pilots (side note, a bomber, not a gunboat), into a system we later learned was Cassini.

In any case, policy has changed since then and Delta squadron's operations are largely restricted to defensive operations in Texas. Such incidents will not happen under current policies.

To the question of how we could cooperate, I will be straightforward.
We benefited greatly from our old arrangement, when we were called in to dispose of the remains of ships your pilots reported to us. We would like to resume this convenient exchange.

Since you inquired about something substantial in return, we could arrange to bring in the occasional shipment of goods you may have an interest in.
As a major industrial company, we have market access to raw materials, manufactured goods and technology rivaled by few.
Junkers could serve as discreet middle men for such dealings.

As for the last part, we take a pragmatic stance. We're not asking for "exemption from your operations", as you put it. We understand the necessity organizations such as yours have for such operations, and to us they are simply calculated losses, something any company must be prepared for.

I hope this addresses the points you brought up adequately. Thank you for your time.

(originally posted 30.08.15)
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

I am glad to hear that such incidents won't be repeated again in the future. It is also rather difficult to believe that you are based on a Junker station and not on LPI Sugarland. The contract you have in Liberty after all is with the House's puppet government.

Mr Weinstein, I am a man who believes that arrangements can be fruitful and without incidents only when there is be no bad blood between the two sides. Subsequently, I would offer ALG ships to not be included in our target list and we'd only ask for donations on the infrequent occassions we encounter such vessels. Of course corporate transports in which you offer them your services in Texas are not going to receive the same preferential treatment as ALG and thus, if you agree to this arrangement of course, I expect your miners to not involve themselves in our operations in any negative way.

I will also make sure that the Lane Hacker operatives are fully aware on ALG's assistance when it comes to cargo disposal. As for your supply offer Mr Weinstein, we will keep it in mind for the future. Considering our small size, our demands are equally small. However any shipments with basic supplies or consumer goods to Barrier Gate Station are always welcome.

I hope it is now clearly shown that my offer is a shining testimony and example that the Lane Hackers know how to distinguish the corporate cartels and rapscallion company bosses from a healthy and productive business.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

Mr Yoshida;

To start off, I feel it would be helpful to write a few lines about our difficult relationship with the Republic of Liberty, as this understandably seems to be of great concern to you.

When the war broke out, all shipping rights with companies affiliated with the Federal Republic of Rheinland were terminated, with the exception of ALG Waste Disposal.
Our company was restricted to the import of HazMat Canisters, and the export of scrap and waste products.
The scrapping business in Texas gained a lot of momentum since then, certainly partially because of the increase of high-value salvageable ship components due to the conflict itself. At the time, Deep Space Engineering were entering the business and a rivalry formed, culminating in some minor skirmishes between our ships out in the debris fields.
We suspect that it was their lobbying which led to the removal of our scrapping rights entirely - though these were later reinstated, the permission to export across the border was not, so we could not legally supply our own smelters.
In addition to this we were not permitted to salvage remains considered high-grade, only bulk debris.

With that situation being what it was, and business elsewhere expanding, our legal operations in the Republic of Liberty were simply no longer profitable, particularly given the dire security situation and frequent discrimination our pilots faced.

Therefor, we have reduced our Liberty operations largely to salvaging those same components we cannot legally haul; in the Negra clouds in Texas, the law is far away and rarely a concern.
As these operations base out of Junker installations, even if they did come to light, we have little to lose in terms of legal business in the Republic of Liberty at the time. The waste contracts still active offer a pittance in comparison to the booming scrap market.

With that said, I'm pleased by your positive reply, and agree on all points.
We've dispatched a freighter with a small package of goods to Barrier Gate - it may not be much, but please consider it a token of goodwill. Fuel, spare parts, some clothing and basic supplies, a bit of food and drink. We will be happy to send the occasional shipment your way.

<file01>
<file02>

It's been a pleasure.

(originally posted 04.09.15)