Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Archive] - Communication with Interspace Commerce about Bonn Station and loan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to Rheinland Bundestag Message Archive

Enter file/folder number or keywords, your access name and password, bitte.

File/folder number:_
File/folder keywords: Communication with Interspace Commerce about Bonn Station and loan
Access name:_
Password:_

Authorization successful, access granted.
Willkommen!
Loading data...

Opening Message Channel.....FAILED
Folder corrupted, loading from central message archive
Opening Message Archive.....FAILED
Folder corrupted, loading backup files
Opening Backup.....FAILED
Files corrupted, loading emergency backups
Opening Text Only Backup......DONE

Quote:Message to the Office of the Chancellor | From Interspace Commerce

Matthias D. Falkenrath Wrote:Chancellor Luisa Neumann,

On behalf of Interspace Commerce I'd like to congratulate you for your inauguration as the new Chancellor of Rheinland. We have heard great things about you but during these perilous and historical times that we live in, many great challenges arise to us all. The responsibility to overcome the problems, to enter a new era of prosperity and peace for the people of Sirius is ours and the key to achieve that lies in our hands and our hands only.

Meine Kanzlerin, my name is Matthias Falkenrath and I am the House Director of Interspace Commerce responsible for Rheinland. I was born, raised and educated in Planet New Berlin before started working for Interspace Commerce. For one and a half decades I worked in Bonn Station but hundreds of my colleagues including myself, were forced to leave our House and live outside Rheinland in order to avoid unemployment. By sending this message, it is my dearest hope that we can finally return to our House and leave the past behind us.

With the ceasefire treaty of Rheinland and Liberty, the two Houses are closer than ever in achieving a permanent peace. Civil unrest will be suppressed, normal life will be restored, economic sanctions will be lifted. If that is your wish too, Interspace Commerce is offering its help and influence for the purpose of speeding the peace process and expanding the cooperation between the two Houses.

The recently reformed Interspace Commerce would also like to offer a long-term loan with zero interest to the Bundesrepublik of Rheinland which can be used in the extremely expensive and urgent repairs required for the Jump Gate in Hudson system. This grand gesture can serve as the proof of the dedication and friendship that the reformed Interspace Commerce wishes to pursue once again with Rheinland. A relationship which will only bring economic certainty and growth by allowing the largest private economic entity to return to Bonn Station. And as I underlined earlier, returning to Rheinland is also the personal hope of many of us.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
- Matthias D. Falkenrath

Bundeskabinett Sekretariat Wrote:IDENTIFICATION: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat

Guten Tag, Sehr gehrteer Herr Falkenrath. My name is Laura Caspers and I am Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat.

I can to confirm that Rheinland government received your message and will deal with it. It was also directly forwarded to kanzlerin Neumann.

I will just use this opportunity and correct you a little. Maybe it went unnoticed by lawyers of Interspace Commerce, but your ships are allowed to trade again within Bundesrepublik Rheinland for some time, although your rights are restricted. The laws were changed several months ago after your predecessors which were in charge before reformation of your corporation stroke a deal with previous kanzler Schulte.

Just for future reference, you can see relevant part of laws - paragraphs 1.1. and 2.1. of Article Three - hier...

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
>>Article Three: Trade regulations

§1. Rheinland declares a trade embargo against Liberty. No traders are to leave Hamburg to the border systems when coming from Rheinland core space with any cargo. This declaration is governed by the following exceptions:

§1.1. Transport of following cargo is allowed:

Quote:
Blue Jilies
Cigars
Consumer Goods of Rheinland origin
Copper
Copper Ore* mined by Rheinland corporations or their affiliates
Crew
Diamonds
Drill Bits of Rheinland origin
Fertilizers
HazMat Canisters
Industrial Materials of Rheinland origin
Mining Machinery of Rheinland origin
Nanocapacitors
Passengers
Polymers
Rheinbier
Silver
Silver Ore* mined by Rheinland corporations or their affiliates
Synth Gel
Synth Paste
Tourists
Uncut Diamonds* mined by Rheinland corporations or their affiliates
VIPs

§1.2. When transporting goods marked with asterisk (*), ship pilot or captain must be able to provide law-enforcement authorities source of the cargo by stating name of the miner or station from which he obtained it. Obtaining from third party is forbidden.

§1.3. Paragraph §1.1. does not apply for Independent Miners Guild and its affiliates.

§1.4. Cryer Pharmaceuticals and its affiliates are allowed to transport Human Organs, Pharmaceuticals, Scientists, Stabiline and Synthetic Marijuana.

§2. Restrictions of cargo shipping for Libertonian corporations - Ageira Technologies, Cryer Pharmaceuticals, Deep Space Engineering, Interspace Commerce, Universal Shipping and their affiliates within Rheinland:

§2.1. Ageira Technologies and Interspace Commerce and their affiliates are allowed to transport only cargo listed in §1.1. with additon of these commodities:

Quote:
Bio-neural processors
Jump Gate Parts
Superconductors
Trade Lane Parts
CLOSING DATA ATTACHMENT

Anyway, I´m sure your offer will be seriously discussed and examined by kanzlerin herself. You can expect proper reply within next few days.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Staatssekretärin Laura Caspers

Matthias D. Falkenrath Wrote:Staatssekretarin Laura Caspers,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am also thankful that Kanzlerin Neumann has been informed and we are very eager to hear her thoughts about our proposal.

Regarding the matters that you raised, I feel that it is both appropriate and important to address them. Interspace Commerce may indeed possess an allowance to transport four Ageira-produced commodities, however it is well known that we do not specialize in the shipping business. Interspace Commerce is by far the biggest insurer of Sirius able to even insure grand projects, such as trade lane and jump gate constructions. Providing loans to legal entities further promotes our key position in the economic and financial growth of the Sector.

Returning to Bonn Station would allow us to resume our activities in Rheinland once again. Insurance would allow businesses to prosper again as it will remove the economic uncertainty while the loans will fuel the former war economy and start a new economic development. That is what is most important for us and I strongly believe it is equally important for Rheinland's economy as well. The zero-interest loan is something unique in Interspace Commerce's history and it shows our commitment to Rheinland and our strong conviction to support its economy with the financial tools that we only possess. Finally, the lift of the cargo restrictions on Interspace Commerce vessels will also send a sound message to investors in the entirety of Sirius that Rheinland and Interspace Commerce are working more closely than ever for a better and brighter future.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
- Matthias D. Falkenrath

Bundeskabinett Sekretariat Wrote:IDENTIFICATION: Kanzlerin Luisa Neumann

Guten Tag, Sehr gehrteer Herr Falkenrath. Danke for your kind words, I´m honestly glad to see your message and the interest to cooperate with Rheinland even further. It is no secret that the Bundesrepublik is experiencing difficult times and Interspace Commerce definitely can help us while earning profit as well in the long run.

However, there is one thing that should be clear from the beginning, Herr Falkenrath. Your predecessors made a mistake before IC had to leave Rheinland and your corporation paid a big price for it same as Rheinland. Now it is time to move along and let the past stay in the past. Nonetheless, Rheinland government did what it had to because it will never tolerate any support of terrorists and criminals. Rest assured that if such situation would happen again, I´m ready to repeat necessary actions no matter how much we will have to sacrifice. The safety of Rheinland citizen will be protected at all cost!

Now before we start talk about present and current offers, let me start with clarification - or summary - of the recent past, because it seems there is some unclearness due to reformation of your corporation and personal changes. Believe me that I can understand that, since I was appointed to my position, I have to deal with same problem regularly because changes always brings some confusion in organization, communication and such.

It is more than year when the ice broke between Interspace Commerce and The Bundesrepublik Rheinland. My and your predecessors successfully negotiated on the summit on planet Baden Baden. Your corporation granted us allocation of credits for the purposes of rebuilding what has been lost or damaged after IC had to leave Rheinland, mainly repairs of the trade lane and jump gate network, in hopes that trade can once be resumed, aiding in the stabilization of the economic state within Vaterland. We were also given extended return times, allowing Rheinland to recover, while making returns in an affordable fashion. The last point was promise of continued support once/if the Interspace Commerce will be allowed to continue full time business within Rheinland space.

Following this deal, the government changed laws to allow your corporation to trade within the Bundesrepublik again and actually gave you together with Ageira Technologies only quite mild restrictions, including allowing you to export Rheinland goods over Liberty border. However, as far as I know, your predecessors used this opportunity very rarely for some unknown reason.

Anyway, that was something what we can call stage one of normalization of relations between Rheinland and Interspace Commerce. Both have new leaders now and times again changed a little. Still, our house and your corporation have things to offer and I see there lot of space to strike another mutually profitable deal. Lets talk about possibilities now.

Your offer of a long-term loan with zero interest is definitely something Rheinland government is interested in. But there is more, for example offer of cheaper insurance services for government´s ships or even in extend of Rheinland corporations´ ships. Finally, as you know, the war with Liberty is near its end and the negotiations about restoring peace and trade will sooner or later take place. Interspace Commerce has indeed strong position in Liberty and thus your lobbying at government can help our corporations to get back rights to trade there. What would be good for you too - more trading mean more commerce, more ships to insure and more fees for using your trade lanes and jump gates.

Now what Rheinland can offer. You were already allowed to returnd and trade within Bundesrepublik few months ago. But your variety of cargo which you are allowed to transport is still partially limited. This may be changed and the restrictions can be lifted less or more. Or even completely. Also, there is matter of Bonn Station, which definitely can be returned under administration of Interspace Commerce for some reasonable leasing fee. And later - once we will be convinced we can fully trust you and cooperation is fruitful for both sides - you can be allowed to buy it back and fully own it again.

I think I summed up everything, it is time to bring something specific - lets call it proposal for stage two of of normalization of relations between Rheinland and Interspace Commerce.

Basically, it follows your proposal. Your corporation will provide us mentioned long-term loan with zero interest and we will let you return to Bonn Station which the government will rent to you for some small fee. Just as temporary measure. If everything will go well and cooperation will work to the satisfaction of both parties, we can negotiate about stage three which may involve full return of the station to assets owned by Interspace Commerce.

So, what do you say about this offer, Sehr gehrteer Herr Falkenrath?

Matthias D. Falkenrath Wrote:Kanzlerin Luisa Neumann,

Thank you for your prompt responce. I have personally informed the CEO and Vice President that the negotiations are progressing. Furthermore, we have taken our time to examine your message since you have brought multiple proposals into the table.

Firstly, I would like to underline the importance of economic trust. When the agreement will be reached and signed, it will be immediately criticized on a Sirius-wide scale by investors, economic hedge funds and stock markets for its feasibility and durability. If they find that not both parties have not substantially committed themselves into this agreement by making mutual withdrawals, then they will consider this agreement as shaky and easily broken. Subsequently, in regards to Bonn Station I would propose that no rent will be demanded while we move our offices back to Bonn and the sale negotiations are ongoing, which of course will have little economic significance since we intend to fully purchase the station. However it will send the right signal to the markets that Rheinland wants Interspace to return. These small gestures are important when it comes to market psychology.

Secondly, Interspace Commerce is a valuable partner to the government of Liberty by providing counsel and suggestions. We can indeed help in hurrying up the peace negotiations. As of now, trade between Rheinland and Liberty was conducted by using Bretonia and Kusari, something which skyrocketed the final prices but more trade lanes meant more insurance profit for Interspace Commerce. So it should be noted that the opening of trade between Liberty and Rheinland is not economically beneficial to our corporation but we have a commitment to the people of Sirius. And because of that commitment we want to help the trade between the two Houses be restored and all restrictions be lifted. However when we contact the government of Liberty we will need to know what Rheinland can offer except the mutual lift of trade restrictions of course. As you may well know, Liberty is still in a full-scale war and Rheinland is a primary producer of military equipment, such as tanks, engines, nuclear devices. So we would like to know if Rheinland is willing to sale such equipment to Liberty which will of course create an economic boost to Rheinland's industries. Finally, we would like to hear your thoughts about the systems of Hudson and Bering. We believe that an accord making both of them as joined protectorates in a similar legal suit that the systems of Cortez and Magellan are, is the best solution since it will maximize security but also avoid any further conflicts.

Finally, regarding the subject of insurance rates, it is well-known that Interspace Commerce adjusts those rates only in regards to the value of cargo, the quality of security, ships, equipment and personnel and the dangers involved. All of these conditions are not and cannot be politically motivated because our neutrality will be compromised and the trust of our customers in the entirety of Sirius will be shaken. Interspace Commerce's insurance services makes the entire trade system of Sirius work smoothly and with certainly and the corporation I represent cannot compromise pan-Sirian trade in any shape, way or form.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
- Matthias D. Falkenrath

Bundeskabinett Sekretariat Wrote:IDENTIFICATION: Kanzlerin Luisa Neumann

Guten Tag, Sehr gehrteer Herr Falkenrath.

After consideration, I can agree with renting the Bonn Station to the Interspace Commerce for no leasing fee. Thus I think we have a deal. To sum it up in simple words, Rheinland government will get the offered long-term loan with zero interest, and your corporation can return its offices back to the Bonn Station.

Regarding other proposals, I think we can return to them later. There is not any need for rush since first diplomatic steps towards Liberty are getting only very slow response. Thus any help from your corporations for example in form of lobbying during negotiations will be definitely helpful in future, but it seems there is no opportunity to use it now.

Also, regarding insurance profits - you are correct that right now majority of shipping must be done through Kusari or Bretonia. But for that very reason you mentioned - high additional price of shipping - the amount of good exported is limited and quite low. Once the trade with Liberty and mainly once direct traffic connection will be restored, the routes will be shorter but there will be also much more ships using them. And as you yourself mentioned, Liberty still fights war with Gallia and thus needs ships, weapons and materials for their construction while Rheinland has resources as well as heavy industry to provide both raw materials as well as manufactured equipment. Thus I doubt in the end your profits can decrease, I believe exactly opposite will happen, because lower prices means higher demand, increased amount of goods and ships and so on.

But to answer your question - Rheinland economy needs as much help as possible and thus we will consider very carefully all possibilities including export of military equipment to everybody willing to paid for it.

As you mentioned the matter of status of Hudson and Bering - I think it is too early for any plans, we need to hear opinion of Liberty government. But joined protectorates you mentioned sounds like reasonable proposal to me.

Anyway, lets return to issue with which I started - our deal. Once you confirm that your corporation agree, we can launch preparations to make it happen, including start of eviction of Bonn by law enforcement entities and other organizations which moved in after Interspace lost the station.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Matthias D. Falkenrath Wrote:Kanzlerin Luisa Neumann,

It is wonderful to hear that we have an agreement. I can assure you meine Kanzlerin that this proposal will be a major boost to Rheinland's economy. As a Rheinlander myself, this is also a personal victory for me.

As for the technical details of the loan, Deep Space Engineering in partnership with Ageira Technologies have estimated the repair cost to one trillion credits. The standard IC long term loan is 30 years. Considering the lack of interest, the technical details of the loan are extremely simple, the repayment amount of $1,000,000,000,000 will be equally dispersed between the 360 months. All the legal technicalities of the loan will be transmitted later, directly to the technocrats of Rheinland's Ministry of Treasury.

Since this is a great opportunity to publicize the agreement to the people of Sirius, attract possible investors and restore economic certainty, we would like to ask for a representative of Rheinland's government to attend the ceremony onboard Bonn Station. It is my estimation that this ceremony can serve as a very suitable platform in order to send the messages that both of our sides seek, to the people of Rheinland and Sirius.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
- Matthias D. Falkenrath

Opening Visual Backup.....DONE
LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

(//created by Laura C.; originally posted from 28th August to 24 September, re-posted again because it was lost after server crash)