Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Disco keeps switching to desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
..... and it's really annoying.

I'm running windows 7 and the only apps loaded are disco and the bundled app launcher. Antivirus is disabled. About every 10 or so minutes, it'll just switch back to the desktop, but leave the game running.

Any ides?

Cheers.
Same thing happens to me very often. Only thing, when happens to me, my PC goes retard. I have 6gb of RAM, ATi 5670 Sapphire black Edition and AMD Phenom X 555 black edition and still, my PC decides to switch to Freelancer (which is not responding, sounds are heard, that it's running but black screen) whenever i try to alt-tab to anything other, in order to close the window of FL. Also, ctrl-alt-delete works fine, but after I go to switch to taks menager, it automaticaly switches me to FL, which is not responding. Sound goes kind of bugged, like game is stuttering at low fps.

Please help?
Mine sometimes locks the computer when I use a jumpgate. Only seems to have become a problem since I went from Vista - Win7
This is now getting irritataing.

It now hangs my computer about five or six times a day, sometimes corrupting the user profile, which causes me to have to revert to a previous restart point.

Anyone? Any ideas? At all? Anyone?

Cheers.
ok. Tried compatibility mode with no joy.

Getting 5-6 lockups per session.

Heeeeeeelp.

Cheers.
are you using single player?this mode can only be played in multiplayer since a few versions
Nope. Only playing multiplayer.

It sometimes freezes the entire laptop and I have to manually power off and reboot.

So far, I've been lucky coz it hasn't happened whilst I'm interacting with anyone else, but it's only a matter of time.
Well, I suggest you to delete saved game files if that work for you otherwise run game in windowered mode , I had same issue the only thing made game playable was switching to window mode, There is a button in launcher for that.
I'll give that a try.

Thanks.
Right. That sorted it. Running in windowed mode seems to have solved the problem, so thanks for that.

Only problem I have now, is that the window is slightly too tall, so I cant see my hull status.

How can I resize it?

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2