Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fallout 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I just picked up a copy of Fallout 3 today for PS3. I must say, so far, it's justified my purchase of a PS3. I'm not that far in, but so far, it's everything I'd hoped it would be. Then again, when I'd heard it was being done by the same people who did Oblivion, I knew it'd be good.

The character creation process was interesting, and they give you plenty of options to build a character just like you like. (For some strange reason, I made an asian female for my first character...) They manage to weave that in with a tutorial teaching you how to play the game, and still keep it interesting. It's certainly more fun than Oblivion's creation process, though I'm sure it'll get old too, after creating additional characters, but for now, it's good. Also, I find the rendering of the landscape in the Capital Wasteland to be truly impressive.

So far, it's a good game. We'll see if my opinion changes as I play it more...

Anyway, anyone else have an opinion about it yet?
Awesome game, love it! I have been waiting for a very long time for this.

However, the PC version is pretty buggy right now. It plays wonderfully, except it crashes about every 20 min or so.

It's happening to a lot of people, been watching the Bethesda forums waiting for a patch. Once it's fixed though.... Amazing game.
Played Morrowind or Oblivion on PC? Both indisputably great games.... and both lacking in the stability department to this very day. It's Bethesda's reputation for buggy (but still incredible) games that prompted me to buy it on PS3 in the first place.

One question, though, for anyone who's got it on PC. Is it moddable to the same extent as Morrowind and Oblivion are? If so, I'll probably buy it for PC as well, when it comes down in price.
I got it yesterday, and LOVE it. I am already on my way to vault 112. Hope that doesnt ruin anything for anyone. Pip, I have it for PC and havent had any crashing problems. oh and btw, any one notice the Spork item?
Picked it up for PC as well.
Played for well over 20 minutes, no crashing for me.
What are you running pipboy?

But I gotta say, it's a fun game. Although it still feels more like an Elder Scrolls game then a Fallout game. So far they've got the atmosphere down pat, but the things that drove me away from Oblivion are the things pushing me away from Fallout 3, unfortunately.
got it and love it:)
I'm a little over the required stats, game runs perfectly smooth. Just updated to SP3 for XP and that helped, but it still crashes every hour or so.

Awesome game, I'm not complaining. I will say though that based on the discussion in the Beth forums and the number of complaints there is something somewhat wrong. It's now playable for me though, and I have no problem waiting for a patch. I really like Bethesda so I have faith in them.

I never had any problems with Morrowind at all. Oblivion.. eh, nothing major at least.

Moddable.. Well they didn't include a construction pack like they did with Morrowind. I want to say yes, people will be able to mod it. I have heard rumors to that effect but I'm simply basing that on previous Bethesda games.
Fallout 2 > fallout 3
Just looked, in the PC section of the Hardware and Software Issues (where people are complaining) there are already 671 topics and 4,415 posts.

I know Bethesda will come out with a patch soon, just showing that it isn't just me.
' Wrote:Fallout 2 > fallout 3

Duh, that's a given, but we're not discussing FO2 here, are we?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5