Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Infocard/Storyline Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-30-2016, 03:39 AM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]One is Orbital Spa and Cruise right? if not I want on that list please and thank you Big Grin

Your faction leader and I have had discussions already, from time to time.

(08-30-2016, 03:52 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]What are the updates for the Core info cards? According to my HC sources we haven't received the necessary changes.

To what are you referring?
(09-03-2016, 01:07 AM)Teerin Wrote: [ -> ]To what are you referring?

HC Wrote:i was literally in a chat with the story team for months and we discussed the infocards
they said they read them and were going to implement them
i've still got that chat in my history
We've been waiting almost 2 years for them to be implemented, and our base NPCs don't say anything there's mentions to BHG Core here and there too.

from HC here, hes working on grammar corrections and what not for the infor cards but apparently this was all sorted out before I took over acc to HC.
Also on a separate note, can individual RP characters be mentioned in info cards or is that against the rules or something? I herd that was a rule violation a while back but was uncertain.
(09-03-2016, 01:24 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]Also on a separate note, can individual RP characters be mentioned in info cards or is that against the rules or something? I herd that was a rule violation a while back but was uncertain.

I've been told no, but then again the LPI Super Prison mentions Salazar Kithe, and the LNS Alabama mentions Saywer Karlo.....

Wait...

....Seth Karlo has been the exception.
Previous infocard groups may not have been as well supervised.

As for your quote from Lyth, I recall receiving proposals from him that were several dozen full pages long, so chat with me on Skype with specifics.
(09-03-2016, 01:24 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]Also on a separate note, can individual RP characters be mentioned in info cards or is that against the rules or something? I herd that was a rule violation a while back but was uncertain.

Discovery Infocard Submissions Wrote:- Infocards are to be kept to NPC faction lore. No direct references to player groups, characters, ideals, events, etc. should be made, as that can cause powergaming issues. Additionally, official player group roleplay itself can be added in on a case by case basis, where it is reasonable and provides appropriate growth to the lore.
- Infocards are to be written objectively, which means they cannot gloat about a battlegroup's amazing prowess and uber strong crushing power.
- Exceptions are allowed only with express permission to do so. It is also generally okay for a flair to be added in the infocard, so as to make it less bland to the reader.
- As a general rule of thumb, in the case of contradiction infocards are structured by reliability; solar objects > IFF information > commodites & equipment > news stories > bar rumors > NPC chatter
Pages: 1 2