Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Oath Of The Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Oath Of The Core

[Image: 432OESl.png]

The Core claims a destiny that they are the heirs to the Edge Worlds. At the end of the recruitment procedure that all successful applicants must endure, there is an oath that must be made to the Core. Whilst the original oath is in latin, this is a translation:

The Oath

Quote:After having entered the Core I must treat my sworn brothers and sisters as my own kin.

I shall assist my sworn brothers and sisters by offering financial or physical assistance. When my brothers and sisters visit my home, I shall provide them with board and lodging. I shall be damned to the unknown if I treat them as strangers.

I will always acknowledge my brothers and sisters when they identify themselves. If I do not, I will be damned to the unknown.

I shall not disclose the secrets of the Core, not even to my family, or wife, or husband. I shall never disclose the secrets for money. If I break this oath, I will be starved of life.

I shall never betray my sworn brother or sisters. If, through a misunderstanding, I have caused the harm of one of my brother or sisters I must make recompense immediately. If I break this oath, may I be starved of life.

I must never cause harm or bring trouble to my sworn brother or sisters or masters. If I break this oath, may I be starved of life.

I must never commit any indecent assaults on the wives, sisters, husbands, sons, or daughters, of my sworn brother or sisters. If I break this oath, may I be starved of life.

I shall never embezzle cash or property from my sworn brother or sisters. If I break this oath, may I be starved of life.

I will take good care of the wives, husbands or children of sworn brother or sisters entrusted to my keeping. If I break this oath, may I be starved of life.

If I have supplied false particulars about myself for the purpose of joining the Core I shall be killed by fire.

If I rob a sworn brother or sister I will be killed by fire.

If I should take advantage of a sworn brother or sister I will be damned to the unknown.

If I knowingly convert my sworn brother or sister's cash or property to my own use I shall be damned to the unknown.

If I am disciplined for a wrong I must accept my punishment and not try to place blame on my sworn brother or sisters. If I break this oath, may I be starved of life.

If any of my sworn brother or sisters are killed or have departed to some other place, I will assist their wives and children who may be in need. If I pretend to have no knowledge of their difficulties I will be starved of life.

When any of my sworn brother or sisters have been assaulted or blamed by others, I must come forward and help him if he is in the right or advise him to desist if he is wrong. If he has been repeatedly insulted by others I shall inform our other brother or sisters and arrange to help him physically or financially. If I do not keep this oath I will be starved of life.

I shall not cause discord amongst my sworn brother or sisters by spreading false reports about any of them. If I break this oath, may I be starved of life.

I shall not appoint myself as a master without authority. After entering the Core the loyal and faithful ones may be promoted by the masters with the support of his sworn brother or sisters. I shall be damned to the unknown if I make any unauthorized promotions myself.

After entering the Core I must forget any previous grudges I may have borne against my sworn brother or sisters. If I do not do so I will be killed by fire.

I must not give support to outsiders if so doing is against the interests of any of my sworn brothers and sisters. If I do not keep this oath I will be killed by fire.

I must not take advantage of the Core brotherhood in order to oppress or take violent or unreasonable advantage of others. I must be content and honest. If I break this oath I will be killed by fire.

I shall be killed by fire if I behave indecently towards small children of my sworn brother or sisters' families.

I must never reveal Core secrets or signs when speaking to outsiders. If I do so I will be killed by fire.

After entering the Core I shall be loyal and faithful and shall endeavour to fulfil the Core's destiny by coordinating my efforts with those of my sworn brethren even though my brethren and I may not be in the same professions. Our common aim is to rule the new worlds.

I must protect those who cannot defend themselves. I am a paladin of light, a bastion of justice, a warden of security. Innocents will cheer when they see me approach and my enemies will cower with fear.

My old life is the forgettable past. My new life is the foreseeable future. There is nothing but the Core. I give my life to the Core. I live through the Core and the Core lives through me. Pain is temporary, glory is forever. There is no fear, only courage. May the infidels burn in hell and shall the honoured ascend to new heavens.

I will give my life to defend those who defend themselves in the Edge Worlds. I will provide security and safety to the weak. I will be their savior, their messiah and their protector.

Through me, Imperium Omicronia will become a reality!

Punishments for Breaking Oaths

Quote:Damned to the Unknown
Refers to the practice of sending oath-breakers into unknown space and Nomad systems in Sea Serpents whose navigation systems have been destroyed. The fortunate who manage to return are reinstated. Those deemed unworthy will be lost to the Edge Worlds forever.

Killed by Fire
Refers to the practice of dropping oath-breakers in unshielded escape-pods into the atmosphere of one of the gas giants of the Edgeworlds for prompt incineration.

Starved of Life
Is the common practice of throwing offenders out of airlocks in space with no spacesuit in order to asphyxiate them.

The Oath Against Enemies

Further quotes from the Core initiation ceremony, relating to its enemies.

Quote:I do promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all who oppose the Core's destiny, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of existence; and that I will spare neither age, sex nor condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous degenerates; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honour, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private.

// Credit to for the original.