Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Mako Is really bad/primary turret diversity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
While these new changes made cap combat slower paced and good for some BSs. (others left unchaged) This update made the mako the worst battleship in the mod.

Its weak armor and sluggish turn rate combined with this cerb nerf makes it literally useless. Getting into combat range means certian death for it against literaly -ANY- battleship in the mod. It can only fire 2 primaries backwards 2 up and 2 down the only direction it can fire all 4 of its prims is foward and because of its weak armor it cannot tank into anything.

My opinions:

- needs a turn rate increase
-needs better arcs.

And this brings me to the other topic.

All the cerb nerf really did was slow the pace of cap combat (which I hate slow paced combat), while others like it I still think primary turrets should be more diverse/flexible so it allows certian caps to have loadouts unique to others in terms of primary turrets. As it is all houses have basic prims and their house prims. There should be a wider range of house primary turrets.

Example: Give houses with dreads a range of more slow but heavier damaging prims that require the same energy they do now. While giving houses with medium/lighter BSs a wider range of less damaging, but faster longer ranged prims that require less energy.

Just my opinions hope devs take a look at this.
All Mako needs is to get an armour buff, medium battleship powercore, two more secondaries and an additional heavy slot. If you open up the model in HardCMP it's already got hardpoints for two more secondaries and an extra heavy just crying to be set up in the ini file.
Mako can't fire all primary turrets to backward, really bad. It is a huge battlecruiser right now. I think it needs;

(12-25-2015, 09:30 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]-needs better arcs.

Mako does not need Turn speed buff becuase it is a strafing ship, better at strafing.
What if I told you, not everything should be adjusted to 1 vs 1 combat in Conn?
(12-25-2015, 09:37 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: [ -> ]What if I told you, not everything should be adjusted to 1 vs 1 combat in Conn?

If a ship doesn't excel in any role it probably needs looking at though.
(12-25-2015, 09:37 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: [ -> ]What if I told you, not everything should be adjusted to 1 vs 1 combat, because it's not fair in Conn?

That was a funny comment. Dude, Mako has no firepower. It can't fire all primary turrets to backward, Mako is not a heavy battleship It is a light battleship you can't tank Marduk with Mako.

It definetly needs buff
(12-25-2015, 09:37 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: [ -> ]What if I told you, not everything should be adjusted to 1 vs 1 combat in Conn?

Counter proposal: What if I told you the Mako can't take on anything both in and outside of conn? Both in and outside of 1v1s? Geb brokeness aside, it's a really terrible battleship that can't really be used for anything. It can't take on the battleships of it's opponents, and it can't take on a support role. The Mako has suffered from an identity crisis for several versions and it really needs help to be made into a useful battleship rather than just a piece of eye candy.
You can tank a Marduk with a Mako if you're good (:

And I think you mean buff, not nerf...
Snoopy remind me never to make another cap thread
(12-25-2015, 09:43 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]You can tank a Marduk with a Mako if you're good (:

And I think you mean buff, not nerf...

You cant because old cerbs gone
And yeah i meant buff sorry

Can you tank marduk with 2 primary? It will take 3 hours to kill it
Pages: 1 2 3