Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Ageira Innovations - Sentinels [Encrypted]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ibB9KtT.png]

Mishter Pace,

It was a pleasure meeting you outside Leduc station, albeit a brief pleasure. Perhaps our paths crossing will turn out to be fortuitous for us both.
She lights a cigarette, the flame illuminating her face that would otherwise be obscured in shadow. After taking a pausing to inhale deeply, she breathes smoke out away from the camera before leaning closer so that she was visible on the vidcam.

I shall get to the point, Mishter Pace. I represent a particular group that acts on behalf of human interests, and we have been searching Alli... for a corporation with the expertise to manufacture equipment for a particular requirement of ours. To surmise, Mishter Pace, we would be interested to know if Ageira would be willing to supply us with what we need.

Please may you forward this message to who I should be speaking to on this matter, if not yourself. Your assistance... and discretion... would be... most appreciated.
[Image: S11qWva.png]

To: Ms. Pimakhova

Ms. Pimakhova,

Greetings. I am John White, the CEO of Ageira Innovations and was told by Mr. Pace that you were encountered near Leduc Station. Since you have not shown any hostility towards our employees and our assets, I am obliged to reply to your communication, as per Mr. Pace's request, and inquire which group do you represent, before any further discussions can continue.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

Mishter White,

It is a priviliedge and a pleasure, especially as one responded so quickly. It is appreciated. In answering your question, I trust you shall exercise discretion in the matter.

I represent a small, budding organisation dedicated to safeguarding humanity against certain threats that remain unaddressed. A main concern of ours are the various artificial intelligences that, as you may know, grow bolder each month. They require a check and balance, and we aim to be that balance. Our main issue, however, is that we are not equipped for such a task. With a foe such as this, electronic warfare is a real and daily risk - and too many times our hardware is hacked into by these intelligences, rendering our efforts useless.

That is where our request comes into play. Would Ageira be able to help us safeguard our equipment against such attacks, or perhaps even enable us to carry out the same?

Ms. Pimakhova,

I am glad to hear about organisations fighting against threats to humanity. However, Ageira Innovations cannot help an unknown and unnamed group that claims to safeguard humanity. I am interested and would like to hear more details about you and your organisation. Even if the protection of humanity is first priority, I require more information to make a decision that is beneficial to all parties.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations

Mishter White,

Apologies for my long overdue reply. Certain... commitments took me away from ability to contact you until now. I hope you will undershtand and not take it as a slight. You are requesting a great deal of trust...I hope my trust is well-placed.

We call ourselves the Sentinels, Mishtar White. A grandiose name for a rather modest collection of individuals concerned with a shteadily growing threat to humanities safety. Artificial Intelligence. This threat grows externally and within society... so naturally, a little dishcretion goes a long way in the endeavour of this aim, and thus my former vagueness. One needs to be sure with whom one gives information to.

Whilst the external threat is a militarishtic topic... being able to deal with individuals spreading malicious intelligences from within is another matter. Whilsht Dr. Thorn does a lend guiding hand to the matter, we lack hardware or the means to produce it beyond what we already have acquired. There are other ways to get what we need, yet we would prefer not to have to resort to them. Afterall, there'll be no progress if we are too busy fighting amongsht ourselves.

As such... here we are Mishter White. The technology we require is complex, and certainly not a trivial matter, yet I would not be contacting you if we did not deem you sufficient to the challenge.

Ms. Pimakhova,

This is a good start. I appreciate for sharing these sensitive details. Now, we may begin a relationship with common goal to stop Artificial Intelligence. Ageira has a long standing policy to not use AI on our installations and assets to prevent any unauthorized disruption of operations or even worse, a rampant and rogue AI causing harm to humanity. I am interested to hear what exactly do you want from Ageira and if it is within reason and my reach, I will do my best to provide it.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations

Mishter White,

Your enthusiasm for our cause is mosht pleasing, I hope your discretion is of the same level. I am looking forward to what we can accomplish together. Whilsht we have many plans, I believe it wise to shtart small. Call it caution, if you will Mishter White, but I'm curious to see if your organisation can deliver. The Sentinels have three pressing concerns currently, as we eshtablish operations.

Firstly is the need to prepare ourselves for the unique tactical options A.I possess - which translates into "hack-proofing" our operational craft. This has proven to be a mosht challenging endeavour for us despite our expertise. Thorn believes the issue is a matter of scale - something we lack but Ageira does not.

Secondly, we lack a sophishticated means of detecting A.I entities in House space - beyond reports and localised scanning. Naturally if you were to be cautious in this we would undershtand, yet... we wish to requesht access to the trade lane network. We do not requesht this lightly, as we undershtand there are security concerns... yet if we were to have access the Sentinels would be able to use the intel each node collects of it's surroundings and users to detect and intercept A.I entities.

Thirdly, and related to the second... it is of concern to the Sentinels whether malicious intelligences would be able to hack their way into the trade lane network and subsequently threaten to compromise travel through Sirius as well as Neural Net sanctity. Do you have any information that would put us at ease on the issue?

-Pimakhova

Ms. Pimakhova,

Firstly, we are known to be capable corporation to develop most advanced software which is reliable in many ways. However, AI-proofing is a new challenge for us and we will have to investigate it further. In order to understand how the AI operates, we will have to encounter one in space. If you know where they are a frequent sight, we can one of our special operatives for this assignment.

The second request of yours is something neither I, nor Ageira Technologies are able to fulfill. Jump Gate and Trade Lane Network access is only granted to local law enforcement and Interspace Commerce. Even such access is highly limited to prevent possible abuse of power. Therefore, without being a legal and upstanding organisation, one cannot gain access to the Network.

Thirdly, as already mentioned, our Network is secure and only personnel with valid authorisation codes can have access to it. Communications are encrypted automatically and hacking them is not something that happens often. If Artificial Intelligence nodes or units are communicating across Sirius via our Network, we have no direct way of knowing it, without direct approval via special directive from government to investigate it.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations

Mishter White,

It is a shame that recent events have transpired so that we could not simply hand over one of these intelligences to you. That being said however... I would advise your 'Special Operatives' to travel to Omicron Delta. This syshtem is a frequent "harveshting" site for the machines, and I trusht some observation and probing will allow you to obtain what you need. If you are able to supply us with information on who your operative is, or their call-sign, we shall be able to assisht in this endeavour.

The inaccessibility of the Network but undershtandable. Whilsht there is a precedent to queshtion the security of this Network of yours...This topic is no longer of a concern. We shall be vigilant however, Mishtar White.

-Pimakhova