Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Information on nav maps needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm completing Beta 2 and need some information about names on system map.

There were complains about commodity names and descriptions popping up instead of normal nebula/asteroid field descriptions. I wish to know everything about similar problems - places not displaying on navmap or incorrectly labelled, nav map mistakes, wrong colors etc.

You may compare to other mods or vanilla if you remember. This will be even more useful.
Someting i've noticed in the nav map since first version is a bug with the patrol routes colors.
All of them are shown in white.
In vanilla FL, the patrol routes were shown in red for hostile, white for neutral and green for ally.
This depends on the fact if you have a tag I think. In Vanilla you are 'born' with Navy tag, in Discovery you are not. This makes all patrols neutral whatever reputation you actually have.
Ah yeah, I'm not sure I've ever seen anything other than the white patrol routes working, switching to hostile patrols on any map just makes it turn blank.

One thing I'm not sure that has come up anywhere is a bug in Omicron Major (I think... the system with the map-like background, green sun and the Nomad base in the middle with the surrounding shield generators you have to destroy in singleplayer). North-West of that base, if you switch to orbitals scan you can find something that just says "Nomad Jump Hole" or "Alien Jump Gate" or something similar, sorry my memory doesn't serve while I'm at work. However, when you approach this target, there is nothing there, only an empty targeting box with the description.

Obviously nothing shows on system map as with all the Nomad systems.
It's a mission object probably. It doesn't exist in multiplayer...
It certainly doesn't exist... but it's still there :0) These were taken on the server about 10 mins ago:

[Image: flscreen2am1.th.jpg]
[Image: flscreen3ys8.th.jpg]