Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery's FLHook is now open source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://github.com/zibbizor/FLHook

The project has been open-sourced in the event someone with the required skill set shows up and want to contribute.
There are two folders unavailable in this public project due to their sensitivity, which are the client hook and the server anticheat. If you want access to these, you will have to negociate with

I encourage you to read the Readme.md and License.md files prior to doing anything.

Thanks to Github, if you want to improve the project anonymously, feel free to make a proxy account and send me pull requests. If the code is good, I will merge it.

Please note that aside of accepting pull requests, verifying the code quality and merging it, I will not provide support. I am off and have no wish to continue working on Discovery. If someone with really good skills want to handle the project, let me know with an issue on Github and we'll sort out the project ownership.

I know it's a very painful project to handle, and far from being the easiest one. I went through that. I've spent months studying the code and experimenting to have a full grasp of the project. It's a good experience all over, because you will encounter so many problems and oddities it will forge you. If you intend to have a professional career in programming, this project is very good to get used to error management and debugging. What doesn't crash you make you smarter.

It was a real pleasure to work on this with the community, despite some very vocal members regularly causing issues. Working on this has however became a problem in my life as it requires too much time alone. Quite like did, leaving the project in different hands is probably the smartest decision here and I really hope someone will step up.
Might as well ask this question...

How do people get started with learning how to code FLHook?

How did you start?
I program as part as my life so maybe i could help?
Or is FLHook totally different?

Also looking though the files I regrettable dont understand that much...
Anyway Please let us know.
(12-31-2015, 12:34 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Might as well ask this question...

How do people get started with learning how to code FLHook?

How did you start?
I program as part as my life so maybe i could help?
Or is FLHook totally different?

Also looking though the files I regrettable dont understand that much...
Anyway Please let us know.

To get started, well open the project and start looking at it. There's no real recipe here, because while you'll find some information in trunk/plugin_documentation.txt even that documentation is outdated. The entire plugin loading process was changed and is incorrect in the documentation.

I started like this really. I've spent months back when I was working on Neo Terra just trying to figure out what was going on. The best thing you can do is look at how a small plugin like tempban, cloak or autobuy is structured. You will not be able to make working stuff right away, but over time you'll have a better understanding of the code and you'll start making working stuff. There is no other recipe than time, dedication and patience here.
I see. I will take a look and maybe after some time will make a demo plugin.
I heard that to learn code you just start . There are no real beginners starting ways.
Quote Wrote:PLEASE NOTE: The source files for the advanced connection and tempban plugins are
included in the "./src/" folder. They are commented and should give you a good
idea of how to write plugins.

Where is the src folder? I cant find it.
Too late, but anyway thx Smile
(12-31-2015, 01:37 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote Wrote:PLEASE NOTE: The source files for the advanced connection and tempban plugins are
included in the "./src/" folder. They are commented and should give you a good
idea of how to write plugins.

Where is the src folder? I cant find it.

It's probably outdated info still scattered around, I removed all src folders a while ago to have a cleaner structure.
Let me know when its updated.
Pages: 1 2